Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mute satnav on calls

John Edmunds

Hi all,

Just bought a ct200h and all is great apart from the satnav continues giving directions whilst I’m on the phone. I have looked through the manual and sat in the car for the last hour trying to find away of muting the satnav whilst on a call but I’m either thick or you can’t do this...  Any advice would be gratefully received.

john

The only way to mute the voice guidance is to do so manually: menu > voice > off.
Assuming you can be bothered to do this each time you receive or make a call, you then have to remember to re-enable it afterwards.
My recommendation is to turn the volume of the voice guidance down so that it does not impeach on your conversation whilst remaining audible.

I suspect that, if a phone call was to mute route guidance, plenty of people would complain that they'd miss a satnav instruction, especially because when the phone rings, the satnav screen is replaced with the phone screen.

can't please everyone! 🙂 

Hi Dand,

Thanks for your response, I got this car for my wife but I used to have the IS250C and that automatically muted the satnav when someone called and when the call finished the satnav went back to normal. I thought the CT might have had a setting I was missing to do this but looks like I’m not. 

Thnks for your response though

john

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links