Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone Car Kit

Kevint

I've got a T610 with a sony Bluetooth handsfree kit, I had the handfree fitted for me but watching the guy fit it, it wasn't difficult. The speaker on the kit is not great but it acceptable.

I've had the odd problem with the phone crashing, and a mate has had to send two back with faults.

might be worth checking out the technical advise section at expansys

to see the problems people have had with both phones

personnaly I would never go back to a Motorola phone. Stick with Nokia. Mind you a few friends have the T610 and love it. The last motorola I had (V50) was swopped out for a new one 6 times, similar faults on all and over a space of time.

Sony Ericsson do have their problems, but they tend to be a lot less than others - I know as I work for Sony, they take quality seriously (hence the price!). Plus they have learned from a Battery recall a year or so ago, its expensive to produce rubbish goods!!!

I have the sony t610 in my car with the HB30 blue tooth kit and think it is rubbish ,i find the phone hard to use and the voice reconigtion hardly ever works and when it do's it phones the wrong person,the toggle switch on the phone is to small or i have big thumbs ?.Give me a nokia any day as thats what i will be going back to . :)

I have the t610 with jabra BT headset which works pretty well, the voice recognition is a little ropey but usable if you get rid of as much background noise as possible, I find the sony very easy to use and after 3 sonys will never go back to a nokia........ I always smile when i see people pull out there t610 makes a change from all those damn nokias everywhere.

Have had no probs with the software on this one, the old t68i had to have a S/W upgrade which soon sorted it out.

Go with the Sony you wont regret it.

Nick

I gotta admit, and I am not our biggest fan!, at least we do release software upgrades etc when a problem is apparent.

Nokia leave all sorts of problems unchecked!!

Mind you, after using the T610 - which is better than the T68, I would still prefer my Nokia!

I have both a SonyEricsson T610 (work provided) and my own Nokia 6600. I also have a Nokia Bluetooth car kit.

I think the SonyEricsson is a crap phone compared to the Nokia, although it is slightly smaller, the screen, camera, build quality and general usability is nothing like the Nokia. The Nokia is a phone I like using, the SonyEricsson annoys me when I ever I try and do the simplest thing.

The t610 doesn't work well with the Nokia car kit either, but that's understandable I suppose. It doesn't mute the phone's microphone so you get a real echo. I've been waiting months for work to arrange the proper car kit to be fitted.

what I hated about it was the shortcut on the joystick. Is it when pushed left (?) you get connected to GPRS/WAP! Dunno if you can change that particular shortcut, but it could get knocked so easily.

I don't really like the shape either, its too rectangular and square looking.

Some of the things it has are good ideas, just not implemented well.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links