Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GROUP BUY SECURED - Tom's Replica Carbon Fibre kit

Hi guys, thought I'd keep things clean and start a new thread for this. Group buy secured if anyone is interested. 

So. I am just about to order some kit from Shine Auto Project USA. 

They make better-than-original quality Tom's Replica kit (Google Them with ISF in the title and you'll find their website) with dual Carbon layers instead of Tom's original which is just single layer over FRP

They do 3 weaves;

Twill weave - Same weave as Seibon, Novel and Wald. 

Plain weave - Same as all the Tom's Replica stuff you find. 

45 degree Plain Weave - Same as Tom's original. 

Contrary to the website they only do the fully finished both sides on the front splitters as they had no demand for the side skirts and the rear diffusers as only ever one side is on show. 

All parts have a dual layer of carbon but the side skirts and the rear diffusers only have one side polished and finished. Front splitters have both sides finished. 

They have agreed that they will do a 5% discount on all parts for us (they are very well priced for better than original quality as it stands) and they can also put up to five of the same item in one box for $150 shipping per box. So if we bought five sets of side skirts extensions they'll ship all together for $150. 

Costs are as per the website minus 5% and the more we get the further we can split shipping. Obviously best in multiples of 5.

If you are interested please post what you want below. @FTBBCVoodoo @Twellsie @Peter P18 

Costs will need to be calculated once I know volumes and they will be plus import taxes. 

I'm keen to order soon so be quick if you can. 

Dan. 

On 3/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Sweet.  Let me do some man maths 1st as just renewed tax for £550 and about to renew insurance next month 😞

Gonna stick my order in on Friday mate so let me know if you are gonna go for any parts before then. No worries either way 😎

18 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Hi mate. Thanks for the info! Going with a Lexon font lip on mine (already got it). In body colour. They are loads lower profile and it'll be easier to keep looking fresh. 

Nice! Might actually be able to see it this year If I get my finger out and get out.

So..... After what i can safely say has been a totally underwhelming response 😵, I'm ordering my stuff tomorrow 😎

Thankfully I got enough interest off the Instagram crowd (quite a few non-forum ISFers on there) to make it worthwhile.

Let me know before tomorrow night if you want anything people. 

• Like 1

Let me just say I appreciate the effort Dan. For me, cost is too high. I suspect many will feel the same.
Not to say that the parts are over-priced. My job is to design and manufacture things like this in composite materials, so I fully understand the effort/time needed to design, tool and make these.

1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

So..... After what i can safely say has been a totally underwhelming response 😵, I'm ordering my stuff tomorrow 😎

Thankfully I got enough interest off the Instagram crowd (quite a few non-forum ISFers on there) to make it worthwhile.

Let me know before tomorrow night if you want anything people. 

Sorry mate.  After taxing the motor I have now just spent £250 on Ferodo DS2500 front pads and also got a new set of front discs (50% off ECP brembo jobs) before the annual Ring Trip in a couple of months.  Don't want to tart her up only to ruin the shiny bits in a gravel trap or worse 😞

Thank you though.  It is appreciated believe it or not.

10 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

For plastic yes.  For carbon...  No.

Like the man said. For bog standard black FRP yes, for any carbon finish is a bit more. 

Just ordered Twill Weave side skirts on this deal and with the discount plus splitting postage 3 ways with two other buyers they were about $385 all in. There will be import tax to pay when they arrive but they'll still end up a lot cheaper than Tom's original stuff which is about $750 for the side skirts alone. 

• Like 1