Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks

My 2004 LS430 is coming up to 4 years in my ownership (2 previous owners) and is currently at 122,000 miles.

Having fallen in love with the 430, I am contemplating swapping it for a slightly younger model with genuine 60,000 on the clock. Logic is I can't see myself ever driving anything else, and Low mileage examples will get ever harder to find. My mechanic (Osaka, know everything about Lexus) says mine is good for 200,000 without any further work, so it's pure indulgence on my part. Cost to change around £3,300.

Any thoughts appreciated, over and above - why bother?

Jon

Jon, find myself with same dilemma, but having sorted most of the future problems, radiator, air con pipes, all new brakes, discs, tyres, sub woofer etc. etc, I came to the conclusion that I would be driving another Lexus, at some point having to do the same. I do about 7k miles per year, so mine should continue now for a decent time without further large outlay....... but it is very tempting, for not really a large cost to change. I think I am too attached to mine, but plan in future to change for an LC 500, the last V8 probably to be made, when the prices become more sensible. 

I think in your situation I would go with my heart , good luck Roger

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

Hi folks

My 2004 LS430 is coming up to 4 years in my ownership (2 previous owners) and is currently at 122,000 miles.

Having fallen in love with the 430, I am contemplating swapping it for a slightly younger model with genuine 60,000 on the clock. Logic is I can't see myself ever driving anything else, and Low mileage examples will get ever harder to find. My mechanic (Osaka, know everything about Lexus) says mine is good for 200,000 without any further work, so it's pure indulgence on my part. Cost to change around £3,300.

Any thoughts appreciated, over and above - why bother?

Jon

Just about every time I've done something like that I've ended up regretting it, and I'm not going there again!  I should never have sold my last LS430, thinking the GS would take its place, it didn't.  The low mileage is irrelevant, and 122k is nothing. Keep your money for some future fettling on your current car.

• Like 2

No I haven’t but it was originally advertised by private seller in st Neots for 5495 before this seller snapped it up - I believe he is a trader from home - originally it hade a couple of scrapes on the bumper 

3 hours ago, cruisermark said:

No I haven’t but it was originally advertised by private seller in st Neots for 5495 before this seller snapped it up - I believe he is a trader from home - originally it hade a couple of scrapes on the bumper 

Thanks for that. His story is the owner has dementia and eventually came to terms with not being able to drive it. Family then sold it to him. He has basically given it a spruce-up, an MOT and an oil change. But he will take a p/x, which helps with the logistics.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to finish the story, seller messed me around re viewing date and sold it to someone else. Full Lexus SH wasn't full either.

So the search for a pristine facelift 430 in grey with a cream interior continues. Anyone got one to sell?

Jon

33 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

I would call it fate 🤗👍

Yes, I wasn't totally confident after speaking to him on the phone, so I am not unhappy, but that colour combination is not easy to find. I have actually looked at grey 600s online, as thye are more common, but more pricey, of course.

Jon