Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just discovered something very interesting with my GS450H...

Hi everyone,

I thought I should share this with you:

Recently, whilst driving I was checking my emails using the Lexus phone system (when the car was stationary) and I noticed that there is a reply button, if you open your message for both emails and texts. So I pressed this reply button to see what it actually does and I was delighted to see that it offers 15 ready made messages that I can chose from and reply with. I was pleasantly surprised to be honest as I was not expecting this to be an available option and you can even customise any of the ready messages and retype what you would want to respond instead.

I really think it is a great option if you want to reply on the move quickly and legally. I do not recall this as an available option with any of the previous cars I had driven before. Well done Lexus!

• Thanks 1

E mail on the car's screen?... how does this saucery magic work?.... I get text messages but not mails, is there a setting needing switched on? 

Nico, how do you get this working?

I don't know to be honest as I simply connect my Android phone (Samsung S7) to the car Bluetooth and the emails and texts are automatically retrieved. Your cars should support it as it is 2015 model? What is your phone make and model?

I have a I phone 6s, when i first got the car the texts didn't appear, and then one day they did? Im assuming it was an update on the phone that caused them to start...

That is interesting. I never owned any iPhones before, but have you checked in your Bluetooth setting from your phone  if it is 'enabled' to access your email as well as messages? on my phone I have 4 x options: Call audio / Media Audio / Contact sharing / Message Access... I think you should have something similar with the Iphone.