Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

get your Lexus personalised number plates

Yes my wife and I spent many hours looking for a decent one to put on our new IS200. You notice there are no "200LEX" plates, they must be somewhere:?:

• 4 weeks later...

Specific to to IS200 but anyone can get an 'S200 xxx' (your initials) and get the euro symbol on the left to make it look more like IS200 XXX - I've got the S200 without the euro symbol but am looking for somewhere that does the blue vertical line thin enough to suit (Halfords euro symbol is as thick as a tree trunk).

Is this tacky ?:cool:

I've got a plate on mine, which is made of my initials. When I was looking, I found

G300 XXX (xxx being my initials).

Bought and paid for it, but when it came to the final transfer, the eeejit who had it previously had scrapped the care with it on, so I couldn't get it!!:(

For those lucky enough to have a newer car what about searching for these!

IS20 0SE "IS200 SE"

IS20 0SP "IS200 Sport"

IS20 0GB "IS200 Great Britain"

IS20 0SC "IS200 Supercharged"

IS20 0TB "IS200 Turbo"

These could also be fronted with GS, RX, or LS or any other combination of leters realating to Lexus.:cool:

Damm!

I thought I was on to some thing. My problem is it's been 6 years since I have changed my plate.....................sorry!!:(

My plate's personalised, and the letters don't take a lot of room up. I took off the plate, with the intention of removing the black plastic bracket and screwing the (shortened) number plate directly to the bumper - it looks distinctive. When I took off the bracket, there were two big holes in the bumper where the bracket clips into it - sometimes these Lexus are just TOO damn well made!!

Yep - I noticed that :rolleyes:

My plate is short too (FXR1) but I am getting the holes filled by a bodyshop in Leics - it makes the car look a hell of a lot wider and there is already a mould under the black trim that a shortened plate fits into perfectly...

I think its worth looking into if you really want to do it...:yes:

My plate is short too (FXR1) but I am getting the holes filled by a bodyshop in Leics

But then you'd need the whole of the bumper spraying to get it to match, right? My Probe had a similar arrangement, with the plastic framework behind the plate, but this was held on with just two screws. I removed this and used double-sided Scotch tape (it lasted 5 years!) to stick the plates on with. I was hoping it would be as easy this time!!

Potentially. The guy doing my car I have known for years, and is used by a number of dealers in Leics. I have left it in his hands. He will probabbly mould a piece of plastic into the holes rather than fill them and either blow the paint in or do the whole bumper. I'm not too fussed as I know his workmanship is excellent and the car will look unique.

I have stuck the paltes on too - I did that on my old car and as you say they hold for ever! :smilegrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Zee,

That looks REALLY smart!! No wonder you're grinning........ Did you get the whole bumper sprayed in or just the filler? If just the filler, can you see where it's sprayed? I was looking at mine again at the weekend - I reckon I could get rid of an inch or so either side. PLUS, I'd lose that ugly black placky frame that's behind the plate at the minute. Mines 6 letters, so it could be pretty much the size of yours, plus a couple of inches. Mmmmmm..........

Originally posted by Grangey

Zee,

That looks REALLY smart!! No wonder you're grinning........ Did you get the whole bumper sprayed in or just the filler? If just the filler, can you see where it's sprayed? I was looking at mine again at the weekend - I reckon I could get rid of an inch or so either side. PLUS, I'd lose that ugly black placky frame that's behind the plate at the minute. Mines 6 letters, so it could be pretty much the size of yours, plus a couple of inches. Mmmmmm..........

ok - firstly its NOT filler. I specifically asked for them to mould plastic (i don't trust filling holes with filler...). Just the holes were sprayed up - and you can't see a thing - it is a perfect blend. Have a go mate - its worth it - will your palte fit in the gap though because mine is tight...

Keep me posted though on whatever you decide... :tumble:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links