Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelifted RC

I see that there are now a few facelifted RC300h on sale at various dealerships.

Any member got one? Or has any member driven one? 

Do they feel any different to the previous model?

I can't decide whether I prefer the looks of the old one or the new one!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanD said:

I see that there are now a few facelifted RC300h on sale at various dealerships.

Any member got one? Or has any member driven one? 

Do they feel any different to the previous model?

I can't decide whether I prefer the looks of the old one or the new one!

Drove one a while back, honestly just felt the same to be honest.

I much prefer the looks of the facelift though compared to the pre-facelift. It looks so much better in person

• Like 1

Lexus never said they changed something in face-lift mechanically, so should be the same. However, I hate face-lift looks... reminds me of GT86 for some reason. I would be able to live with rear lights, but front ones are outright ugly. Obviously, you getting latest tech inside, but I believe it is the same as 2018 model which had upgraded 12" screen already.

Finally, almost any face-lift for any car are always hate/love relationship for the community.

The 2019 RC has the 10.3" multimedia screen. All grades come with Lexus Safety System+ as standard.

Centre console has thicker knee cushioning, 

The suspension has been tweaked, with new shock absorbers, giving a more controlled, compliant ride at lower speeds (plus many more steps in the AVS) harder suspension bushes. The steering has been 'recalibrated' 

F-Sport comes with painted calipers

Subjectively seems quieter inside and less jiggly around town.

• Like 1

Yes - sorry 10.3"... forgotten how unbelievably small was standard 8" screen in original model. LSS+ was already standard in 2018 model before face-lift. As for the rest of the stuff - is there any source?  

19 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Yes - sorry 10.3"... forgotten how unbelievably small was standard 8" screen in original model. LSS+ was already standard in 2018 model before face-lift. As for the rest of the stuff - is there any source?  

https://blog.lexus.co.uk/new-lexus-rc-uk-grade-structure-and-pricing/

Where does it say:

Centre console has thicker knee cushioning, 

The suspension has been tweaked, with new shock absorbers, giving a more controlled, compliant ride at lower speeds (plus many more steps in the AVS) harder suspension bushes. The steering has been 'recalibrated' 

Painted calipers are nice touch, but the LSS+ and larger screen was already included in 2018 model. AVS was standard from beginning.

As well Lexus has previously included leather interior as standard, now we will get Shi-tahara instead and "smooth leather" for additional price (see-page 44 for reference).

https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexfifiv11/RC300h_esite_tcm-3155-1136718.pdf

I like the small visual revisions, especially the wing mirrors with the two tone and sharper angles.  interested to see what the blue vortex looks like compared to the Azure blue. My next, if I get another, will likely be in one of these.  Not a fan of the FSport wheel design, prefer the ones on the Takumi range topper which are a silver version of the original FSport 19in alloys.

Still getting so many glances on the road in mine, and I suspect this will continue for a few years yet....

15 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Just to be clear, I appreciate the source, but after reading it I have no confidence in it.

It is full of marketing BS like ~"New 19-in. wheels and tires with increased grip deliver excellent steering response" - what that suppose to means?! Obviously, changing from Bridgestone to Michelin or other brand going to change grip and steering response.. for better or worse. This is not some sort of "new design element", just simple fact that throughout the years suppliers for tyres changes and have different quality tyres.

Or this one - "fine-tuning the suspension system and powertrain"... what exactly does this means? That they changed ECU code version from 3.0.4.1, to 3.0.4.3?!

"improvements to engine response and steering feel, all of which result in a sharper and more refined drive" - what all this garbage means... what has been changed?!

In short... it is hard to separate marketing BS from real changes. Clearly standard equipment list has changed.... for worse compared to 2018 model, but somewhat for better compared to 2015 model. It seems 2018 model is perfect compromise - all interior changes without ugly exterior. 

• 5 weeks later...

Had a 19 plate RC on demo today, FSPORT and full Takumi pack. Liked the sunroof and ML stereo compared to my standard RC. I definitely noticed sharper handing on fast twisty roads that I know really well. Brakes felt better too. I noticed before returning the car it had Potenza RE050s all round, as opposed to the Dunlop Sports on mine. I'm not sure are standard looking at photos of face lift RCs on Autotrader. Anyway, I know these tyres well as my RX8 has the exact same tyre. Possibly the handling was so down to that, I'm not sure on how the Dunlops fair in the handling stakes in comparison to the Bridgestones.

Blind spot monitoring good on the motorway. Liked that.

The Custom driving mode is a bit of a farse, options are power (sport or normal) handling (sport or normal) and climate (eco or normal). If you choose sport power then you'll likely choose sport handling. So just pop it into S+ mode then....

Anyway, still at the top of my list either at the end of my finance or before if a deal can be done.

Also, an Azure Blue F Sport in the dealership. That will be my next colour, for sure. Also considering Paint Pritection Spray or Film next time to keep it looking top notch for longer.

Well, you've just described my new car, arriving end of June (hopefully!)

Azure Blue F-Sport with red leather and Takumi pack. Will also be getting it ceramic coated (again, current car is coated, works well), apparently Lexus have broken from Williams and now have their own branded product.

It's a long wait ....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have driven the facelift, it doesn't drive too differently from the IS actually. It is a big soft comfortable cruiser still.

I made a video on the facelift RC if you want to check it out?

Gone for the facelift now, F Sport with full Takumi. Azure blue with black.  I realise now that Takumi F Sports come with Bridgestone RE050s, others Dunlops. REs favs of mine for grip and longevity. 

Also booked at local wrapper for front end PPF and window tints, so she'll look sweet from the off. Some TGR orange capped wheel nuts soon as well.

Looking forward to having a sunroof again as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 6:15 PM, Linas.P said:

I hate face-lift looks...

Must say I was wrong, test drove white FL RC300h today and and in person in looks much better, I though it is LC at first. Something they did with two-colour mirrors to make it look more premium, like the rear as well, looks much sportier although still not sure about front headlights - I guess personal thing, but I would stick with pre-FL as far as front design goes. .... ohhh and omg those wheels - clearly LC inspired gore-tronic design.

Could not feel any difference between the driving thought I guess Potenza RE050 are better for grip or ride than Sportmaxx S001...

It is not first time I said that, so don't act surprised. As a matter of fact I always said I liked the looks of RC and I don't think that face-lift (i.e. cosmetic changes) were really necessary. I am still not sure about the lights and I hope that most would agree wheels leaves something to be desired. BUT as a packaged in real life it looks overall more premium and more impressive than pre-FL.

+ there is little secret coming up soon, which will add more sense in my statement. Just don't call me hypocrite yet...