Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Look whats turned up on ebay

Spotted this on Monday on eBay for sale. Sadly one not so good condition ISF and I think its the write off from the thread some weeks ago but can find the thread or remember who the owner was.  I guess it answers the question as to what the guy was going to do with it.  As it happens its at a breakers just down the road from me so had a quick look and its a sorry sight for sure.  The yard owner recons its Cat S and can be repaired but I doubt it.  Is the original owner able to confirm I wonder?  Not sure if the other side was in good condition pre accident but both doors now have scuffs and scrapes probably from the salvage monkeys or from being fork lifted about. Seats didn't look too good either, only had 3 wheels, no badges, grille had clips broken.

Although the yard owner was particularly miserable and generally uninterested (amazing......for all he knew I might of wanted to buy it) Im happy go back for anyone remotely interested in buying anything if you need a close look at anything. 

A sad loss all the same and I hope the old owner is looking to pick up one the ones for sale at present.

LEXUS-IS-F-X1-WHEEL-NUT-BREAKING-2008

Was it this thread here,

On closer inspection the one in the link has lost its rear bumper but the one above has one! 

19 hours ago, Texas said:

Was it this thread here,

On closer inspection the one in the link has lost its rear bumper but the one above has one! 

Ah yes that's the link and Im pretty sure its the same car as it has the same telegraph pole shaped dint in the rear quarter, and that rear wheel is missing. You can see the rear bumper on the floor in the other photo in the original link but I cant remember now if its with the car, in the back seat, or now missing. 

23 hours ago, Toothy said:

I believe this was the ex-police car. If social media is to be believed.

Ah, I remember reading about that some time ago, wasn't it Teesside Police ? maybe there was more than one with the Police.  I'm curious now to prove if that's the case as there must be all sorts of tells if you look close. No wonder the drivers seat looked well worn if you imagine the size of the average traffic plod getting in an out thousands of times

Just passing again today and couldn't resist another look.   I saw the front end being loaded in a van apparently to repair a 2011 car? I think the guy paid about 1/3 the price the parts were on order from LEXUS for those bits which on the one hand is a saving but on the other second hand the panels needed work !  I'm told the engine may be on its way to Bahrain ! (although still on eBay for over £5k or £7.5k if you want the gearbox and he's taking call on the gearbox daily.

.WP_20190318_14_54_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.0a271868efe043a1572daff218111332.jpg

WP_20190318_14_54_23_Pro.thumb.jpg.269d6c5b22b7bfcbcf50af0cdc665007.jpg

And that fork lift..................doing more damage by the day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:11 PM, gb1600e said:

Just passing again today and couldn't resist another look.   I saw the front end being loaded in a van apparently to repair a 2011 car? I think the guy paid about 1/3 the price the parts were on order from LEXUS for those bits which on the one hand is a saving but on the other second hand the panels needed work !  I'm told the engine may be on its way to Bahrain ! (although still on ebay for over £5k or £7.5k if you want the gearbox and he's taking call on the gearbox daily.

.WP_20190318_14_54_28_Pro.thumb.jpg.0a271868efe043a1572daff218111332.jpg

WP_20190318_14_54_23_Pro.thumb.jpg.269d6c5b22b7bfcbcf50af0cdc665007.jpg

And that fork lift..................doing more damage by the day.

So sad to see this, my plan was to keep it and get it repaired. I went down to the yard that held it on behalf on insurance and they stole the induction kit and a bunch of other stuff. It was far better condition at the time of the crash. By the time I got to the yard to inspect it I soon changed my mind on keeping it. Chasis was real twisted in the boot, they kept it unlocked for the world to take what they want, was not a pretty sight. 

On 3/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, Toothy said:

I believe this was the ex-police car. If social media is to be believed.

it was...

Image result for police lexus is-f

And as well passed few hands on the forum: