Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UX in showrooms today

Had a good look around a lovely metallic Green with cream leather UX Takumi spec in Lexus Newcastle showroom this afternoon.

Paint was lovely, cream leather a nightmare to keep clean for me. Nice to see the final production ones in the flesh, not too different to the pre-production ones seen last year. Boot probably still too small for me, but interested in how it drives. 

Test drives offered from next weekend.

• Like 2

+1 on the boot space. It is this that made us order an NX instead. We don't do much mileage so the better fuel consumption on the UX isn't a selling point. 

If you are going to get an SUV then you might as well get one that you can get your compost bags and Christmas tree in. 😊

On the NX, we have gone for Sonic White with the Dark Rose leather.

Also viewed the UX at my local dealership this weekend, and I like the car a lot. In particular, I like the layout... it feels spacious and airy at the front. However, the booth is very shallow indeed.

Too low , no AVS & expensive in full spec. Still say the best looking small SUV is the CHR.

No 4x4 however as demand was poor.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Too low , no AVS & expensive in full spec. Still say the best looking small SUV is the CHR.

No 4x4 however as demand was poor.

Tel

AVS is part of tech pack on the FSport. 

Cant disagree it is expensive at over 40k fully loaded though, when compared to other models.

isn't CHR a class below in size? 

I had a look the other day and the boot is a very strange affair, I lifted up the floor and there is a lot more room under there.it had a foam insert that I assume can be taken out to put in a space saver. I seemed a poor design as it was not a useable area. 

Its a no from me, shame as it was the sort of size I would have liked but no room for a dog. 

Lexus Swindon have a sonic white Takumi with cream leather in the showroom (I’m here having Winter wheels/tyres swapped back to Summer).

The UX is a nice looking thing, especially in the white. Three things put me off;

- price. The Takumi is almost 40k without 4WD. That’s more than the NX with Premium pack also in the showroom.

- boot space. As others have said, it is small.

- height. Too low for me, as you have to step down into it.

Nice car, but seems to have some obvious flaws. A Subaru XV may not have the interior quality, but is much cheaper and that’s where I’d go if I needed to downsize right now.

On 3/19/2019 at 8:08 AM, HarryM said:

I had a look the other day and the boot is a very strange affair, I lifted up the floor and there is a lot more room under there.it had a foam insert that I assume can be taken out to put in a space saver. I seemed a poor design as it was not a useable area. 

Its a no from me, shame as it was the sort of size I would have liked but no room for a dog. 

I believe that the under floor space disappears in the AWD version.