Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Part number fun (&3GS undertrays)

My car (2010 GS450h) is missing the engine and gearbox undertrays. I've had a quote from Lexus, but (unsurprisingly) it's eye-wateringly expensive...
I have part numbers from them, but am tying myself in knots trying to work out whether there are any other candidates to find used parts from. I'm writing this as much to store my notes / clarify my thoughts as anything else, but any input would be appreciated!

The numbers quoted for me by Lexus are:
51410-30161 main engine tray
51442-30171 gearbox tray

Taking the engine tray first:
From an online parts catalogue against my VIN number I had found: https://lexus-europe.epc-data.com/gs450h/gws191r/5066/body/5102/51441D/

...which says that the part number is
51410-30160 - note the alternative final digit!

I believe it also suggests that the part number for earlier cars (51410-30101) has been substituted with the number above, so I'd expect the earlier part to also be compatible with a later car. Anyone see any reason (deleted mounts on later chassis versions?) why this wouldn't be the case?

Extrapolating further, an alternative source (https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/lexus-cover-assy-engine-u~51410-30161.html) suggests that the same part is also compatible with an '06 GS300 - that makes me wonder whether actually ALL 3GS undertrays might be interchangeable. I also found a 51441-30401 for sale as from a 450h, and another as from a 300. If I just need one from any 3GS it will be rather easier for me to find a spare...

On the gearbox tray:

51442-30171 - number from Lexus
51442-30170 - number from epc-data - last digit different again! Stated as '06- so I'd expect all 450h parts to be the same at least.
Lexuspartsnow says that ...170 fits '07-'10 (and was replaced by ...172!) and ...171 fits '09-'11.

...150 and ...152 are numbers I've found for a GS300 but not found any evidence of overlap yet.

1 hour ago, LexusPartsDirect said:

Hi Ziggy, I have quizzed the team to see what we can do for you 😛

Thanks - and apologies to any poor person who tries to get their head round it all; I know how that feels!

• Thanks 1

Quick update on the gearbox trays: from looking at pictures of used parts for sale, I believe there is a difference on the mounts at the rear between the GS300 and GS450h parts. Not conclusive, but it does make sense with a different gearbox to mount to!

On 3/18/2019 at 8:21 AM, Ziggy1024 said:

My car (2010 GS450h) is missing the engine and gearbox undertrays. I've had a quote from Lexus, but (unsurprisingly) it's eye-wateringly expensive...
I have part numbers from them, but am tying myself in knots trying to work out whether there are any other candidates to find used parts from. I'm writing this as much to store my notes / clarify my thoughts as anything else, but any input would be appreciated!

The numbers quoted for me by Lexus are:
51410-30161 main engine tray
51442-30171 gearbox tray

Taking the engine tray first:
From an online parts catalogue against my VIN number I had found: https://lexus-europe.epc-data.com/gs450h/gws191r/5066/body/5102/51441D/

...which says that the part number is
51410-30160 - note the alternative final digit!

I believe it also suggests that the part number for earlier cars (51410-30101) has been substituted with the number above, so I'd expect the earlier part to also be compatible with a later car. Anyone see any reason (deleted mounts on later chassis versions?) why this wouldn't be the case?

Extrapolating further, an alternative source (https://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/lexus-cover-assy-engine-u~51410-30161.html) suggests that the same part is also compatible with an '06 GS300 - that makes me wonder whether actually ALL 3GS undertrays might be interchangeable. I also found a 51441-30401 for sale as from a 450h, and another as from a 300. If I just need one from any 3GS it will be rather easier for me to find a spare...

On the gearbox tray:

51442-30171 - number from Lexus
51442-30170 - number from epc-data - last digit different again! Stated as '06- so I'd expect all 450h parts to be the same at least.
Lexuspartsnow says that ...170 fits '07-'10 (and was replaced by ...172!) and ...171 fits '09-'11.

...150 and ...152 are numbers I've found for a GS300 but not found any evidence of overlap yet.

Hi Ziggy, the best way to go through what's available for your vehicle is by your reg or vin number, send me a PM or fill in the enquiry form on the site, sorry for the lateness 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links