Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keyless alarms

Hello

Just a thought. Thinking of getting a new shape RX sometime. I keep hearing about the thieves targeting keyless vehicles and the fact that I saw on the news somewhere that although manufacturers have a fix to the problem, the solution is not being rolled out to owners! .. anyone heard that too ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, ISJason said:

Hello

Thinking of getting a new shape RX sometime. I keep hearing about the thieves targeting keyless vehicles

At night I put my 3  keys in a tin and put the tin in a cast Iron casserole pan with cast iron lid. Worked so far but you do wonder if even doing that will stop the transmissions getting out !

Alan

12 minutes ago, JBPRX400h said:

Thanks, Dan, for the tip you posted on the UX forum regarding disabling the key fob when not in use. Just tried it and it works for the RX450h. Was just about to buy a Faraday pouch following the article on the radio today.

JBP

I tried it too and it works a treat. However, maybe not a bad idea to store your key in a Faraday pouch for the times you forget to disable the key. They are really cheap and do work too. 

PS don’t forget to disable the spare key too 👍😳