Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Preferred Break pad manufacturer

Looks like I need to replace my front pads.... curious to know peoples experience with different suppliers.

I'm seeking prices for genuine Lexus, Blueprint and Pagid (had good experience with all before) .. but curious to know if anyone would recommend any others?

To be honest, when it comes to IS250 I never been happy with any brake pads. I had Lexus OE, Lexus OE low dust, Mintex and now last coupe of times brembo. All had excessive dust and crunches through the disks like cheese. That is not to say either brake pads or disks were bad, but rather that they are not large enough for relatively heavy car with auto transmission, hence I always contemplating getting GS300/IS350 brakes.. 

I would say Lexus OE = brembo, smooth braking, but a lot of dust. Lexus low dust ones are harder and eats disks quicker, but produces smaller amount of dust... kind of expected from the name. Mintex pads were somewhere in the middle less dust than OE, but more than OE low dust. Both OE low dust and Mintex had tendency to sequel, whereas OE and brembo were less prone for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've generally used Mintex & EBC (Green Stuff, although my Celica GT4 has Reds) which have given good stopping power.  I can't comment how they stack up against the OE pads though, I've not had the car long enough to need to change them yet.

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Got a feeling that the OEM pads are made by Textar, as obviously Lexus don't make pads as such.

paul m.

Whilst thats true for the 2013 IS, they dont seem to list the 2nd generation IS on there

https://textar.com/textar-oe_oes-releases/?lang=en-gbr

I've got EBC redstuff brake pads at the moment (on brembo discs)

They're some sort of ceramic compound and generate less dust. The dust also seems to be a lighter colour so not as noticeable when it does build up.

Would really recommend these on both noise and dust fronts.

I've got EBC redstuff at the moment and brembo discs

They're some sort of ceramic compound and generate less dust. The dust also seems to be a lighter colour so not as noticeable when it does build up.

Would really recommend these on both noise and dust fronts.