Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Cam recommendations?

Hi,

I have imported a Crown Majesta S180 from Japan (basically a Lexus LS430). My previous car was an Avalon which was rear ended by a P plater at a roundabout.

I want to install front and rear cameras in my new car. Can anyone recommend a decent system that works well and is easy to use? I have checked on the web and they seem to get very mixed reviews.

I also want it fitted so there are no loose wires dangling about. I want the wires hidden as much as possible. I know that supercheap and autobahn (major stores here in Oz) say they can do this but are they any good? My understanding is that they would have to install an electronic box or a usb extender  (and of course snap out panels to put the wires inside). Are the staff in these chain stores up to this or should I use a qualified auto electrician to do it instead??

Thanks

Andrew 

It's easy enough to DIY - plenty of Youtube instructional videos out there but if you don't want to DIY then I'd say a proper auto-electrician is best.

As for the camera(s), have a look at this video by Techmoan. He's reviewed about 50 or 60 dashcams (as well as other tech) and these are the ones he's chosen for use in his own car, so you can be assured they WILL be excellent. I didn't know about them when I installed mine, so I've got a Viofo A119S but will replace with these Aukey's when needed.