Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noisy brake pedal

Timble

I have a 1 year old LC500h and have noticed that the brake pedal is making a loud clicking noise when pressed. No affect on the performance of the brakes. But having had two Lexus cars in the past this is not something that ever happened before. Lexus dealer saying it is "normal" but clearly it's not. Any ideas?

If you didn't have a clonk from new and a year later you have i would say something is not quite right, I don't have a clonk, but my brake's are screeching every time i come to a stop, Lexus are looking into it,

Ask someone to view the rear brake lights and see if the 'click' occurs at the same time as the rear brake lights operating, as it may simply be the electrical switch defective/mis-aligned.

paul m.

I have sold my LC500h but I had the clicking noise from the brake pedal and also the screeching brakes.

If you look on the US Lexus sites you will see that the noisy brakes is a very common fault on the LC.

what i don't understand, unless i am wrong, is that all the LC's are built in the same factory , using the same part, if its for the Europe or US market, so if the US have a TSB on the brakes, which they do, then how is it such a problem to get it sorted in the UK, the brakes are going to squeal in any country if they are the same brakes.

I hear no clicking noise and I don't hear my brakes screech. But I also don't have the active rear steering. So, just wondering whether it only happens on cars that have that option. 

Brake squeal is also a known problem on the RC-F. They seem to just change the pads over 

Having said that, its just a characteristic of the brembo brakes

Pretty sure that someone mentioned a while back that changing over to less performance oriented brake pads solves the issue and causes no significant difference in stopping power for general road use

in the US you can take your car in and they will change the pads for you, they have a TSB for this, but not here in the UK, yet, but they will for the RC-F, which i would have thought would of had the same brakes as the LC, but apparently not. 

ss2_7bcac879735efabbb3cfe26f5824d2e61fd8a821.png

ss3_15cabc8acd8c679f6cfae3e6e80b0e4785b05c08.png

On 3/31/2019 at 5:03 PM, wendle said:

How many miles have you done Ben?, mine only started at around the 2300 mile mark, plus the screeching is coming from the front wheels, but who knows.

I've done almost 10,000 miles now. A lot of them on the M1. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links