every cloud and all that guff lol 😂😂

still got SC as well

this be the 1st time in 16yrs ive not had a LS of some description on my drive

even when i had a is200 i had a LS same with when i had a GS450h

will see how long i last before one appears back on drive

will still stick my nose in on this models post every now and then tho

40 minutes ago, black400 said:

How did you find the LS600H?

Best car ive ever owned.... usually change every 3-4yrs but had this one for 5... nothing to complain about,,,, im going to miss it but change of circumstances doesnt warrant me having LS as not being used to its potential ...plus having mid life crisis which warrants a sportier car lol

so can you please re-cap on your Ls600 mileage now and when bought etc, maintenance costs and the like too please 

I don't know if I should have one after all these years with my wonderful Ls400 :rolleyes:

Malc

6 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Best car ive ever owned.... usually change every 3-4yrs but had this one for 5... nothing to complain about,,,, im going to miss it but change of circumstances doesnt warrant me having LS as not being used to its potential ...plus having mid life crisis which warrants a sportier car lol

Look after yourself, young man. I hope we'll see you back here when you get over your 'testosterone surfeit'.   🙂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Malc said:

so can you please re-cap on your Ls600 mileage now and when bought etc, maintenance costs and the like too please 

I don't know if I should have one after all these years with my wonderful Ls400 :rolleyes:

Malc

Bought LS with 24,464mls  on clock and as of yesterday it reached 48,003mls only 1 breakdown as such (flat knackered battery) 

changed all pads and discs and then just normal servicing costs 

as you can see i didnt do a lot of mileage of the 5 yrs but what i did was all done in pure luxury

im a lorry driver so away most of the week or weeks at a time hence low mileage on car and have two lexus so mileage split between both cars the past year

1 hour ago, mr2lad said:

Bought LS with 24,464mls  on clock and as of yesterday it reached 48,003mls only 1 breakdown as such (flat knackered battery) 

changed all pads and discs and then just normal servicing costs 

as you can see i didnt do a lot of mileage of the 5 yrs but what i did was all done in pure luxury

im a lorry driver so away most of the week or weeks at a time hence low mileage on car and have two lexus so mileage split between both cars the past year

I can only think being a lorry driver pays good money!  My previous LS430 was owned by a lorry driver, bought from Lexus and maintained by them. He then bought an LS460 from Lexus Guildford with 35k on the clock.  I knew I should have got my HGV licence all those years ago!

39 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I can only think being a lorry driver pays good money!  My previous LS430 was owned by a lorry driver, bought from Lexus and maintained by them. He then bought an LS460 from Lexus Guildford with 35k on the clock.  I knew I should have got my HGV licence all those years ago!

It does. I work for a food production company and earned ~£50 for four hours work on New Year's Day this year.  The lorry drivers that were there and had to do a 40 mile journey once we'd loaded them up earned about £600 😮

I remember a couple of years back the estimated shortfall on HGV drivers about now was some 50,000  ........  so the money should be good

But your testament to Ls600 life is good especially as we often see some with stellar miles for sale from time to time ......  still scares me though tbh

I'll probably stick to my Mk3 for now and when I need something practical I'll buy myself a little Toyota hybrid self charge thingy for runabout and save the dear old lady for ' best '

But WHY  ?  I don't know, maybe I'll just run her till she drops ( never I guess ) 

I hope you'll be back into a super Ls600 sometime again

Malc

LIFE OF A TRUCK DRIVER.....
For all the guys wanting to Drive Trucks, take a close look before you sign on the dotted line :
Yes the wages are good
Yes you can up your lifestyle with a nice home, cars and toys.
Yes the financial rewards are tempting
Yes it gets in your blood
Yes you see the country
Yes you get considerable time at home when you are at home
Yes you miss Family and loved ones
Yes Relationships will be strained and pushed to breaking point
Yes you wish your life away when you are away
Yes you lay awake at night sometimes wondering "why do I do this" and "Is this really worth it"

SO ??? BEFORE YOU EMBARK ON A TRIP AND SIGN YOUR LIFE AWAY, REMEMBER;
You may not make every party, BBQ, wedding or funeral
You may not be home for Christmas or easter
You may not be there for your children's birthdays
You may not see your kids swim, ride a bike for the first time or be there to read stories at night
You may not be there to take them to watch sports games
You may not be there for presentation nights, school plays or parent/teacher interviews 
You may not be there to see them win medals at school sports days
No you will not always be there during times of family crisis and feel helpless being so far away
No you might not be there to bury a family member or close friend

So, before anybody judges someone who has the guts and courage to work away to try and make a better life for themselves and those around them, DONT say "YOU MUST BE MINTED" or "YOUR LUCKY'.

These people sacrifice more than half of their life being away from loved ones to make their dreams comes true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mr2lad said:

For all the guys wanting to Drive Trucks, take a close look before you sign on the dotted line :
Yes the wages are good
Yes you see the country
Yes you lay awake at night sometimes wondering "why do I do this" and "Is this really worth it"

You may not see your kids swim, ride a bike for the first time or be there to read stories at night
You may not be there for presentation nights, school plays or parent/teacher interviews 
No you will not always be there during times of family crisis and feel helpless being so far away

So, before anybody judges someone who has the guts and courage to work away to try and make a better life for themselves and those around them, DONT say "YOU MUST BE MINTED" or "YOUR LUCKY'.

These people sacrifice more than half of their life being away from loved ones to make their dreams comes true.

I see, I'll stick to being a carpenter then! 

2 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

Yes, Yes, Yes . . . but is your old 600 for sale?? 🤣

Lol trading it in 10am in morning... Currently 1/3rd of way down road on my 364ml journey to pick RCF up.... Was asked if i wanted it delivered to my door but declined and said no id prefer to have ONE LAST long drive in LS hence the road trip.... Doing most of it tonight as dont want the hassle of morning rush hour traffic so nice cruise down tonight stay at a mates then nip overvto dealer in morning👍

7 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Yes the wages are good
Yes you see the country

This is possibly  the best job description  I have ever  read , thank you .

• Like 1