Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Been busy !

The surface of my paint was rough.  I used a clay cloth and lubricant and was surprised how easy it was to do.  I put a wax on it afterwards and this is the result :        (she's 6 years old in 5 days time)

DSCF0718.JPG

DSCF0719.JPG

DSCF0717.JPG

DSCF0715.JPG

DSCF0712.JPG

• Like 9

Good job Steve! The car looks great! Every time I work on my car (cleaning, polishing, washing) it gives me a nice warm feeling inside, like I have done something good! Is it weird?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, steveledzep said:

The surface of my paint was rough.  I used a clay cloth and lubricant and was surprised how easy it was to do.  I put a wax on it afterwards and this is the result :        (she's 6 years old in 5 days time)

DSCF0718.JPG

DSCF0719.JPG

DSCF0717.JPG

DSCF0715.JPG

DSCF0712.JPG

Beautiful car and presentation.

Did you elect a new Pope?  (final pic)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Very nice

I suppose the profile pic needs updating? Im being picky but maybe a tyre dressing would give you that extra pop that you're looking for?

Good point made by Ray there Steve. I use Meguiar's Endurance Tyre Gel and it's excellent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Very nice

I suppose the profile pic needs updating? Im being picky but maybe a tyre dressing would give you that extra pop that you're looking for?

Do you know Rayaan, I was convinced that I had changed my profile pic.  I remember uploading it, must have omitted to save.  Well spotted anyway, the earlier one didn't have roof rails, did you spot that ?

Yes, good point about the tyre dressing, something I've never used, probably would if I was selling it.  Cars don't stay looking like that for long around here, too much tractor tyre debris on the roads  🚜

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, steveledzep said:

Do you know Rayaan, I was convinced that I had changed my profile pic.  I remember uploading it, must have omitted to save.  Well spotted anyway, the earlier one didn't have roof rails, did you spot that ?

Yes, good point about the tyre dressing, something I've never used, probably would if I was selling it.  Cars don't stay looking like that for long around here, too much tractor tyre debris on the roads  🚜

Yep it was the lack of roof rails and I dont think it had the front underrun either. 

You might want to check out something like Tuf Shine, its more of a tyre coating than a dressing so tends to look good wash after wash

It's had an underrun front and rear from new.  I think it was called the "lifestyle" pack or similar.

I'll look out for Tuf Shine and give it a go.  Something that lasts from wash to wash appeals, thanks for that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2019 at 7:01 AM, Vlady said:

Good job Steve! The car looks great! Every time I work on my car (cleaning, polishing, washing) it gives me a nice warm feeling inside, like I have done something good! Is it weird?!

It's not weird (I keep telling myself) but others seem to think differently. More fool them, my car looks shiny. OCD? Where...😂

Excellent work on the RX @steveledzep

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

It's not weird (I keep telling myself) but others seem to think differently. More fool them, my car looks shiny. OCD? Where...😂

Excellent work on the RX @steveledzep

I think if you've got a nice car it does give you a good feeling when it's had a good seeing to. And Steve, that's a beauty!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links