Recommended Posts

The surface of my paint was rough.  I used a clay cloth and lubricant and was surprised how easy it was to do.  I put a wax on it afterwards and this is the result :        (she's 6 years old in 5 days time)

 

DSCF0718.JPG

DSCF0719.JPG

DSCF0717.JPG

DSCF0715.JPG

DSCF0712.JPG

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Good job Steve! The car looks great! Every time I work on my car (cleaning, polishing, washing) it gives me a nice warm feeling inside, like I have done something good! Is it weird?!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice Steve the Rx looks great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent job and a beautiful colour Steve.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, steveledzep said:

The surface of my paint was rough.  I used a clay cloth and lubricant and was surprised how easy it was to do.  I put a wax on it afterwards and this is the result :        (she's 6 years old in 5 days time)

 

DSCF0718.JPG

DSCF0719.JPG

DSCF0717.JPG

DSCF0715.JPG

DSCF0712.JPG

Beautiful car and presentation.

Did you elect a new Pope?  (final pic)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your kind words gentlemen.

 

Haha....no papal election John.  Mrs LZ was chilly so she elected to put the CH on !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice

I suppose the profile pic needs updating? Im being picky but maybe a tyre dressing would give you that extra pop that you're looking for?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Very nice

I suppose the profile pic needs updating? Im being picky but maybe a tyre dressing would give you that extra pop that you're looking for?

Good point made by Ray there Steve. I use Meguiar's Endurance Tyre Gel and it's excellent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Very nice

I suppose the profile pic needs updating? Im being picky but maybe a tyre dressing would give you that extra pop that you're looking for?

Do you know Rayaan, I was convinced that I had changed my profile pic.  I remember uploading it, must have omitted to save.  Well spotted anyway, the earlier one didn't have roof rails, did you spot that ?

Yes, good point about the tyre dressing, something I've never used, probably would if I was selling it.  Cars don't stay looking like that for long around here, too much tractor tyre debris on the roads  🚜

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, steveledzep said:

Do you know Rayaan, I was convinced that I had changed my profile pic.  I remember uploading it, must have omitted to save.  Well spotted anyway, the earlier one didn't have roof rails, did you spot that ?

Yes, good point about the tyre dressing, something I've never used, probably would if I was selling it.  Cars don't stay looking like that for long around here, too much tractor tyre debris on the roads  🚜

Yep it was the lack of roof rails and I dont think it had the front underrun either. 

You might want to check out something like Tuf Shine, its more of a tyre coating than a dressing so tends to look good wash after wash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's had an underrun front and rear from new.  I think it was called the "lifestyle" pack or similar.

I'll look out for Tuf Shine and give it a go.  Something that lasts from wash to wash appeals, thanks for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2019 at 7:01 AM, Vlady said:

Good job Steve! The car looks great! Every time I work on my car (cleaning, polishing, washing) it gives me a nice warm feeling inside, like I have done something good! Is it weird?!

It's not weird (I keep telling myself) but others seem to think differently. More fool them, my car looks shiny. OCD? Where...😂

Excellent work on the RX @steveledzep

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

It's not weird (I keep telling myself) but others seem to think differently. More fool them, my car looks shiny. OCD? Where...😂

Excellent work on the RX @steveledzep

I think if you've got a nice car it does give you a good feeling when it's had a good seeing to. And Steve, that's a beauty!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.