Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I've been finding it very hard to press my tyre pressure gauge onto one of tyre valves for quite some time now. They are TPMS valves. Can the core of the valves be replaced with new cores? and is that likely to solve the problem? Are cores all the same or do I need to specify a particular model type/number? Thank you.

The cores used in the TPMS system valves are the same as standard rubber valves so yes you can change them to see if it cures the problem. If it does not the only answer is to replace the complete valve assembly with re-programming the system to the new sensor. Followed by a draining of your wallet.

John.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps I should have also said if your not bothered about the TPMS system showing a flat tyre you can replace the sensor valve with a standard rubber type without problems.

John.

Thanks John. Yes the complete new TPMS units are quite expensive but some forum members have bought (on eBay I think) TPMS valves, possibly delivered from the Far East, and I think the quality was fine and very reasonably priced. I'll research that further if I have to go down that route. Also, I did wonder about replacing the TPMS valves with ordinary valves as the car is a 2007 year so doesn't legally have to have TPMS but I wonder if my insurance company would pick up on that if I had an accident as they always ask if the car has been modified in any way when the insurance is renewed. Also the TPMS valves are a good safety feature to have, as the warning they give when tyre pressure goes below a certain level is likely to be activated sooner than the driver noticing in other ways.