Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NEW LEXUS G300 3.0 petrol QUESTIONS

Good morning fellow forum earthlings!

I've recently purchased a 'Lexus G300 3.0 Auto 2005' and wanting to know a few things -

Can you play a DVD in the player?

What oil do people use? (brand and spec)

Best place to get service parts?

What's the best tire pressure? (I hardly carry other people I've been setting it to 36 PSI)

Best tires to get?

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Ta Walter :)

1 hour ago, mickolomate said:

I've recently purchased a 'Lexus G300 3.0 Auto 2005' and wanting to know a few things -

What's the best tire pressure? (I hardly carry other people I've been setting it to 36 PSI)

Best tires to get?

Ta Walter 🙂

I will jump in and say we offer Genuine Lexus service parts or any parts and accessories, All cheaper than main dealer prices.

Are you after anything in particular?

3 hours ago, mickolomate said:

Best tires to get?

Ta Walter 🙂

DVD player: Don't know, try one! or read the manual.

Oil: Mine done by my local indie. Brand probably varies but they have used Unipart Fully Synthetic 5W/30.

Tyre Pressures: 33 all round on mine.

Current tyres: Goodyear Efficient Grip performance 225/50 R17 98W.

I find the above tyres are very good and bought them after looking at various reviews (and probably asked on this forum). I might try Michelin Cross Climates next time. Although more expensive, they are very highly rated by honestjohn.co.uk and forum members on here as a good all weather tyre and apparently very quiet.

BTW it's customary to put a few photos up on this forum when a member buys a new (or used) car. We like photos!

Enjoy your car, it's a great machine with that 3.0L petrol engine and torque converter auto box!

4 hours ago, mickolomate said:

Best tires to get?

Ta Walter :)

Hi Walter, to answer a few of your questions.. Eurocar parts will stock most of parts you will need for servicing. eBay also has some good sellers for parts and tyres.

in terms of playing DVD my previous 2.4 Accord could play DVD's but i haven't tried it in the GS yet but i see no reason why it wouldn't play. worth you just testing it out if you have a DVD disc.

recommended Oil is fully synthetic 5W-30 any fully synthetic which has API-SN, SL, ACEA A3,B3 or C3 , A5 will do so long as its fully synthetic 5W-30 in terms of brand Castrol, Mobil, Shell, Petronas are all good brands which i prefer. you can pick up 5L Shell 5w-30 on eBay for less than £20 but you need 6.3 litres for a service.

tires pressure i run 37 psi front and 38 rear and rides nice and comfortable. in terms of brands i prefer mid range like Kumho, Falken and Yokohamas as the GS is not a sports car so i don't personally feel the need to go for high performance ones like Pirelli's, Bridgestones and Michelin's but each to their own. infsct i'm currenlty looking at abrand called Landsail LS588 I have been reading some good reviews and are reasonably priced on eBayhttps://www.landsailtires.com/tires/ls588/

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, LexusPartsDirect said:

I will jump in and say we offer Genuine Lexus service parts or any parts and accessories, All cheaper than main dealer prices.

Are you after anything in particular? 

just the service parts?

43 minutes ago, Malachy said:

Do not put Landsail tyres on your car they are cheap Chinese rubbish! 

I tend to verify things for my self. i do recall reading reviews few years ago on how people were bashing  Kumho tyres i ignored and i have tried 3 kumho tyres to date, the KU39 and HS51 on my GS430 which has more power and torque than the GS300's and the kumhos handled the power and handling with no issues and the latest PS71 from kumho was fitted to my previous 2.4 Accord again didn't fail to deliver. but i get online and read a review of someone with a 1.2 litre vauxhaul corsa bashing the same kumho tyres claiming it did not have traction.

so i do understand if you have used Landsail and feel its cheap and rubbish but i will make up my own mind after experiencing one my self. after all the Chinese have the know how to pretty much build anything these days since they have access to majority of patents due to 90% of goods produced in the world coming from there and I'm guessing their tyres have gone through testing and approved by industry standards  before being permitted to be sold and fitted to vehicles in USA and Europe.

we can all agree every tyre does have its limits in the wet more so if one has a RWD car Landsail LS588 UHP has officially been tested and given a B rating in Wet braking and B rating for fuel efficiency with a low 68db for quietness and a capable speed rating of almost 170mph. this alone tells me it can handle my daily 50 mile commute to work on M1 in rain or shine with less cabin noise. i think if i am looking for a tyre to lap the nurburgring faster i will be going for Michelin pilot sport but for daily work commute it is overkill for this purpose. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links