Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 minutes ago, beegeeuk said:

The battery on my 2007 IS220D seems to be a sealed unit so I cannot checked the level. Is there any indication as to whether my battery needs to be replaced?

Thanks!

Does it have an inspection glass on the top. My old and the new one does. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beegeeuk said:

The battery on my 2007 IS220D seems to be a sealed unit so I cannot checked the level. Is there any indication as to whether my battery needs to be replaced?

Thanks!

Are you having problems that makes you think the Battery needs to be replaced?

The biggest clue is slow and labourious cranking of the engine and if it's even worse than that, you'll usually hear 'solenoid chatter' This is where there's enough charge in the Battery to operate the starter solenoid but once it pulls in and makes contact, there isn't enough to spin the starter motor and the solenoid drops out again.

Is it still the original factory fitted Panasonic Battery in your car? ( I'll be amazed if it is!)

If yes then You have well had your money's worth out of it!

Not sure on the spec of the Battery for the DERV but the OEM Panasonic in my 250 gave up after about 11 years and I went for the Bosch S4 068, it is the biggest Battery that will fit and has the terminals in the correct posistion, Even though it does not come up when using car part sellers search box! 

If not then the one you have should / may have a date stamp on it somewhere in the format of 42/13 for week 42 of 2013 or some other obvious format, note Bosch use a code system, see my post towards the end of this thread  here, 

1 hour ago, beegeeuk said:

Thanks!

Hi Barry,

If you are after a new Battery we can price one up for you, We offer genuine Lexus Parts Cheaper than Main Dealers

If you fill in this form one of my excellent lexus team members will sort it out for you.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/contact-us-genuine-lexus-parts/

Any problems let me know.

Thanks

Lee

worth changing Battery if you don't know the history of it. they are not that expensive but make sure you get the correct one as batteries have different dimensions. lots of posts regarding Battery on this forum.  if and when you get your new Battery, put a sticker on the side with the date, then you will always know when you changed it. you'd be surprised just by changing the Battery how many little things it can remedy.  my car happens to be the SE-L version, when you look at how many features the car has, it has to be powered by something!

10 hours ago, Texas said:

So battery dated from 27 June 2006 just recently failed? Deffo had your monies worth there! How's it go..."They don't make 'em like they used too!"

paul m.

No i can not complain at that mate.

Fingers crossed for you but expect to have to replace it at the first sign of it failing as it will not recover well if flattened for any reason. But look after it and it may well go on a while longer yet, Quality Battery in a quality car. If it does show signs then I recommend the Bosch S4 for about £80. ( other batteries are available !!! )

paul m.