Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Moved to F Sport from Premier

PGL

CT Premier came with a thick book explaining most things required to operate and change to personnel likes, with an additional book for Sat Nav.

F Sport came with one thin book to cover everything, only it doesn't.

Is there anywhere online to find 'everything'? 

Asked dealer about a couple of things and answers provided aren't applicable to the 2019 spec car.

1. How to adjust reversing camera screen quality. as appears very dark?

2. Hill start assist used to 'beep' when pressing brake pedal hard when stationary, F Sport either doesn't  'beep', needs 'switching on' or doesn't work! 

F Sport feels smoother and classy car to drive, people slow down when passing to have a look!

press the menu button and on the menu screen in the top right there is a display button

press the display button and you can alter the brightness & contrast of the screen

and / or the camera 

2.  It works automatically, you no longer need to hard press the pedal. Odd they cut the manual, my 2018 still has a thick book covering everything. You can get a pdf on the Lexus website in the owners section. 

On 3/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, cadman2k said:

What year was your premier, did you trade it in. Assume with a local dealer. Was the trade in price ok

Premier was 2014 model. Bit of a long story but found poor availability for a new CT200h anywhere in the country!

Started off looking for a similar replacement to mine, now called a Tukami which comes with a standard fit sunroof. Maybe problem with my height. Not many available, found one by chance but couldn't fit in.

So test drove an F Sport, next level down which I could upgrade to similar spec to Premier. Went for that one but couldn't locate one anywhere, delivery July 2019 at earliest!

Used a broker website and eventually found one, just one! So with cash back offer ending and that political situation decided to go for that one, even though it was 300 miles away.

Received poor trade in offer at first in relation to others received but eventually they kept upping to acceptable level ... about half the cost I paid for it.

Which broker did you use if you don't mind me asking. Its interesting to know that the lead time to the Car with the higher spec is a number of months. I know dealers can generally have demonstrators available but understand they are not allowed to sell unless a period of time has elapsed. That said a number of folk don't like them as they have been driven by many and sometimes can be used as courtesy cars. So does your new f-sport have any shortcomings over your premier on spec? Did you go for ML system again or not? 

I'd expect a few 19 plate Pre Regs will start popping up in a month or two. Some will have some miles on the clock as demos/sales person runabouts but some are usually just delivery miles. I got mine last year with just 15 miles on the clock and it was only a couple of months since registration so nearly all the warranty is left.

3 hours ago, cadman2k said:

Which broker did you use if you don't mind me asking. Its interesting to know that the lead time to the Car with the higher spec is a number of months. I know dealers can generally have demonstrators available but understand they are not allowed to sell unless a period of time has elapsed. That said a number of folk don't like them as they have been driven by many and sometimes can be used as courtesy cars. So does your new f-sport have any shortcomings over your premier on spec? Did you go for ML system again or not? 

Sent a reply to your private message.

Newcastle had a new Takumi in red with cream leather interior, but mainly its 2/3 months for your spec of car I was advised, longer for F Sport.

Disappointed to lose ML system, which comes with Takumi Pack on F Sport but only with sunroof so no good for me.

Still have reasonable Panasonic sound system with DVD.

Been up dales today, Wow!

What are you looking for? There's a big choice out there!!

On 4/1/2019 at 12:47 PM, First_Lexus said:

If you want hard copy manuals just contact Lexus UK Customer Service and request them. I did for my NX and they sent them quickly with no charge.

Thanks, contacted them and they are on there way.... there's a lot to read, apparently!