Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving in France

Shortly I’ll be driving in France and am unsure whether the headlamps on my RX450H require deflectors.  I have read advice that the headlamps are so directed that deflectors are not required.  About 18 months ago I was in France and telephoned to the Service Department of a Lexus dealer who was unable to give me satisfactory advice.

Does anyone “out there” know the definitive answer ? Do I or do I not require headlamp deflectors to drive n France?

1 hour ago, The Bispham Woodturner said:

Shortly I’ll be driving in France and am unsure whether the headlamps on my RX450H require deflectors.  I have read advice that the headlamps are so directed that deflectors are not required.  About 18 months ago I was in France and telephoned to the Service Department of a Lexus dealer who was unable to give me satisfactory advice.

Does anyone “out there” know the definitive answer ? Do I or do I not require headlamp deflectors to drive n France?

I've been through the same, trying to get the info, plus I'm driving through Europe in a couple of months.  Everyone tells me the same, if you've got HID's they have a flat pattern so no need for deflectors. The main dealer told me the same thing.

3 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Don't forget to get a green card from insurance company and an international driving permit may be required. 

My insurers emailed me last week about this. 

They don't do green cards or international permits any more and haven't done for at least three years now. I've been with three different insurance companies over the last three years (to play the game and get the "new customers only" discounts) and when I applied for them, all three companies responded by saying that they don't use them any more.

Maybe the situation is changing due to the dreaded 'B' word?

6 minutes ago, Herbie said:

They don't do green cards or international permits any more and haven't done for at least three years now. I've been with three different insurance companies over the last three years (to play the game and get the "new customers only" discounts) and when I applied for them, all three companies responded by saying that they don't use them any more.

Maybe the situation is changing due to the dreaded 'B' word?

This is the text of the email form my Insurers (Police Mutual):

It's increasingly possible the UK will leave the European Union on 29
March 2019 without a transition agreement in place. A no-deal Brexit
means you'll need to carry a physical document - known as a Green
Card - to drive your vehicle in any EU country, Norway, Iceland,
Switzerland, Serbia, Andorra or Liechtenstein from 29 March.
What do I need to do now?
If you intend to drive in any of these countries on or after 29 March,
you'll need to call us on xxxxxxxxx at least two weeks before your
departure to make sure you get your Green Card on time.
If the UK leaves the EU without transition arrangements in place, you'll be
legally required to carry a Green Card in these countries. Failure to
comply could result in you being accused of driving without insurance and
you may be fined, prosecuted or your vehicle seized.
If you're not planning on taking your car abroad there's nothing to do and
you don't need to contact us. This does not affect you if you hire a car
locally in one of the above countries.
Is there anything else I need to know?
In regards to your UK driving licence, regardless of whether we reach a
deal or not, motorists may also be required to purchase an International
Driving Permit. Whilst we're not able to provide these, we thought you
should be aware that you can buy these at your local Post Office or get
more information at www.postoffice.co.uk/international-driving-permit

PZ49S-02EA1-EU-L.thumb.png.5cdabb3e0d95b855b15fda4fe4582646.pngI have been waiting for a post like this, Got Lexus Travel Packs Here 

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-ls/lexus-european-travel-safety-kit/

Lexus European Travel Safety Kit

Often a legal requirement for European driving.

Kit contains four high visibility waistcoats, two warning triangles, comprehensive first aid kit, headlight beam converters, two breathalysers and GB Sticker

On 3/28/2019 at 8:36 PM, The Bispham Woodturner said:

Does the vehicle Handbook not contain any information ?