Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So after nearly trading in my lovely car last weekend (dodgy vendor, didn't happen) I thought I owed it some loving. MOT, new wipers, vacuum, wash and polish. Looks lovely though I say so myself, and ready to take my Dad to his 90th birthday party this weekend.

Only downside was I left it on the drive with ask the doors open for about three hours,  and when I went to start it I just got a clicking noise. Half an hour on the charger fixed it, so I reckon the Battery is on the way out. I certainly haven't changed it in 4 years, so not surprising. Any recommendations?

IMG_20190328_175212.jpg

IMG_20190328_175241.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonthetourist said:

So after nearly trading in my lovely car last weekend (dodgy vendor, didn't happen) I thought I owed it some loving. MOT, new wipers, vacuum, wash and polish. Looks lovely though I say so myself, and ready to take my Dad to his 90th birthday party this weekend.

Only downside was I left it on the drive with ask the doors open for about three hours,  and when I went to start it I just got a clicking noise. Half an hour on the charger fixed it, so I reckon the battery is on the way out. I certainly haven't changed it in 4 years, so not surprising. Any recommendations?

IMG_20190328_175212.jpg

IMG_20190328_175241.jpg

What a beautiful motor, why would Jon wish to ssell this ?

32 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

What a beautiful motor, why would Jon wish to ssell this ?

Why thank you Sir.

The thought was to trade in mine for a younger 430 with half the mileage, as I am determined to be driving an LS430 for at least the next decade . . .

Jon

• Like 1

I would strongly recommend you buy a replacement from Toyota. I spent hours looking for a replacement online but Battery capacity, size and even terminal location wasn't consistent between suggested replacements. I contacted Toyota and was surprised to find the price was cheaper than any of the so called alternatives. This was about 14 month ago and I recalled seeing this same recommendation on this forum.

Regards

Andy

Have a look at post on Jan 15th by Katana 92 covering this subject. I always bought Toyota / Lexus original Battery, but it did not last. Replaced recently through Tanya batteries , Enduroline 072, perfect fit, was £79.95. Love your car, should last another 10 years, Rgds, Roger 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyZ said:

I would strongly recommend you buy a replacement from Toyota. I spent hours looking for a replacement online but battery capacity, size and even terminal location wasn't consistent between suggested replacements. I contacted Toyota and was surprised to find the price was cheaper than any of the so called alternatives. This was about 14 month ago and I recalled seeing this same recommendation on this forum.

Regards

Andy

I bought my replacement from Toyota - good price AND a good fit!

12 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

Only downside was I left it on the drive with ask the doors open for about three hours,  and when I went to start it I just got a clicking noise. Half an hour on the charger fixed it, so I reckon the battery is on the way out. I certainly haven't changed it in 4 years, so not surprising. Any recommendations?

IMG_20190328_175212.jpg

IMG_20190328_175241.jpg

The shape of the 430 is growing on me!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

The shape of the 430 is growing on me!

Yes, I've always felt that the Door line/window should have matched the Wing and boot upper line.  But then again, how would you guys be able to have your Elbow out in Summer? - lol

7 hours ago, cruisermark said:

lovely car! mine is over due a valet

whats the story with the dealer - I noticed the car is not up for sale any more?

He postponed me on the grounds of a family illness, then didn't answer, and when I reached him said he had sold it. Full Lexus history wasn't full, and I am not sure the belt had been done. 

Mine is very sound mechanically, according to my man at Osaka, but there's a bit of rust coming through the driver's door, sadly.

IMG_20190329_162539.jpg

The good thing is that whilst rust coming through is annoying, it is relatively easily fixed, as Malc said not bad for 15 years old, and generally there are not too many major issues to deal with. If yours is mechanically sound, just deal with these issues and enjoy. That is what I have decided to do. I get more comments about how good a ride, from friends, than any other car I have ever owned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

The good thing is that whilst rust coming through is annoying, it is relatively easily fixed, as Malc said not bad for 15 years old, and generally there are not too many major issues to deal with. If yours is mechanically sound, just deal with these issues and enjoy. That is what I have decided to do. I get more comments about how good a ride, from friends, than any other car I have ever owned.

A couple of weeks ago I was in a friend's Mercedes, a fairly new one, but two days ago he was a passenger in mine and immediately commented on what a smooth ride it is!

• Like 2

Courtesy to advise the new Battery arrived and was fitted by me today. I waited until this week to order it in case I needed to fit a new one while I was away for the weekend. I did need my powerpack to start it once, but that can go back in the garage now.

We had a heavy frost last night. Because my car was recently waxed, the beads of moisture had pooled before freezing, so I had mini icebergs on my boot lid. Which promptly slid off when I opened it. Very entertaining.

Thanks for all the input.

Jon

• Like 2