Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hazy front emblem

Hi,

The Lexus emblem in the front grill is looking very hazy, I don't if any of you guys have encountered this issue. I've tried cleaning it off but it seems impossible.

Since the IS-F has PCS, the emblem is really expensive because I think it houses the sensors.

Any ideas how to clean it?

Thanks

as @PhoeNicks suggests the sensor is in its own cradle mounted under the bonnet slam panel and a good few inches back from the badge. I was interested to check this out on the ISF that was at the breakers near me a couple weeks ago. Having just looked at my badge it might benefit from a bit of a polish up too.

Thanks for the replies.

I did try cleaning it off with Meguiars PlastX and got nowhere. It did work for headlights but not for the emblem. Maybe I need to try harder! It did look clean initially but within a minute it would become cloudy again. Is there anything better than Meguiars? Would I have a better chance with the Novus polisher?

If the emblem has no sensors then I don't understand why it is so expensive. The emblem for non-PCS cars is around £50.

It is rather odd... its probably over engineered in some way for what looks like a bit of plastic. I tried to source one in the states when I was doing a front end refresh... Still the guts of £400 and that was before shipping. Mine is still like new so I didn't bother in the end. 

I have an aftermarket better looking badge. It did say not suitable for cars designed for people who rely on technology too much ;)

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, giorgoXXI said:

Thanks for the replies.

I did try cleaning it off with Meguiars PlastX and got nowhere. It did work for headlights but not for the emblem. Maybe I need to try harder! It did look clean initially but within a minute it would become cloudy again. Is there anything better than Meguiars? Would I have a better chance with the Novus polisher?

If the emblem has no sensors then I don't understand why it is so expensive. The emblem for non-PCS cars is around £50.

I just used good old fashioned machine cutting compound and a coat of chemical guys 'blacklight' nano sealer. 

So I gave Meguiars PlastX another try, this time spent almost 30 minutes going through the emblem and the results are better but not perfect. I don't know if the improvement is going to last either, the plastic probably needs to be coated to protect it I'm thinking. See pictures below of before and after:

IMG_20190330_131552.jpg

IMG_20190330_131626.jpg

Try some headlight polish, if the badge is like that I suspect the headlights could do with a touch up too. Just use a good wax to protect it, and give it more shine.

Good question. I'll build a model of a stealth bomber, give it a coat of Klear and then see if it shows up on radar

• Haha 1