Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Left the fold

Hi all,

I've now left the fold, my GS F has been traded for an RX. Reasons?

Well, increasingly of late I've found that I can't drive the car in the way its meant to be driven. The traffic in my area  of West London means that I just dribble from one  queue to another. I looked at the trip computer and found that my average speed since I got the car  was just 22mph and the local council is now  imposing a blanket 20mph limit. No doubt other councils will want to jump on this bandwagon... It seems  ridiculous to have the pain of the car tax and the fuel consumption if you can't have the fun.

No regrets, it was an awesome car and with my previous ISF I've had 7 years in total of F ownership, but things have changed and will continue to change, so a hybrid is better suited to the sort of driving that I now do.

Lexus have had the GSF for a week now so it's out there somewhere although no adverts are visible.

If anybody on this forum is looking at it (LN16EGZ) pm me and I will try to answer any questions.

I'll still be reading this forum . Enjoy your cars as much as you can while you still can.

• Sad 1

Great pity, but you're dead right. I make a point of not going anywhere near towns or cities, I live out in the sticks and can still have free range fun in my car although that is becoming more of a pain with my favourite bit of road the A272 between Petersfield and Winchester becoming a 50 mph limit and speed cameras littered all over the place.

That’s a shame Graham but fully understand your reasoning. I don’t  bother taking mine out during the day on a Saturday, just no point as its manic everywhere. Hope you enjoyed the gsf though.

• Like 1

Looks a lovely GSF... I've been keeping an eye out for these but there are so few and the ones that appear for sale are either silly money of the other end of the country. 

To give you some perspective, I was looking at a low mileage 15 plate BMW F10 M5 and at 36k it makes the GSFs for sale look very expensive. Shame because I think the GSF suits me better. 

• Like 1