Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Euro Car Pats 50% discount

Just to note, currently there is discount on Eurocarparts, code SALE55. You can pick-up say all brake pads for £49! Or what ever you fancy. 

Generally, their prices is not that good, but you cannot really beat all pads for £49.

3 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Just to note, currently there is discount on Eurocarparts, code SALE55. You can pick-up say all brake pads for £49! Or what ever you fancy. 

Generally, their prices is not that good, but you cannot really beat all pads for £49.

Just priced up a complete set of brembo pads (front and rear) with brembo disc's for £163!  

Anyone experienced brembo brake systems on the IS250?  Are they a lot better than the Eicher entry level brakes?

They are about the same as OE (high dust option), by which I mean they brake very smooth and progressively, but they dust a lot and wear fairly quickly. Actually, my brembo rear pads just worn out and I though I will buy something else this time, which would produce less dust, yet won't sequel or skip like some cheaper pads.

Discs are just that - round cast metal discs... any discs sold by any reasonable store in UK will be just as good as OE. Issue only starts when people get some cheap unknown origin discs from eBay.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

They are about the same as OE (high dust option), by which I mean they brake very smooth and progressively, but they dust a lot and wear fairly quickly. Actually, my Brembo rear pads just worn out and I though I will buy something else this time, which would produce less dust, yet won't sequel or skip like some cheaper pads.

Discs are just that - round cast metal discs... any discs sold by any reasonable store in UK will be just as good as OE. Issue only starts when people get some cheap unknown origin discs from eBay.

How many miles did the rear brembo pads give you?

surprisingly little, ~14,000

I have checked and rear calipers are not sticking etc. so I was quite surprised when I noticed rear pads are literally gone. Not yet metal on metal, but there is probably less than 1mm left.

That (~14K miles) is about what I got from my last rear pads - EBC Ultimax. I've replaced them with EBC Redstuff (I use Redstuff on the front - they produce very little dust and what does get deposited wipes away easily as Redstuff contain no metal - they are ceramic - the only pads which don't deposit metal particles which eat into the paint/lacquer of the wheels).

They are a bit expensive though. But worth it for their excellent braking and fade resistance (once they are bedded in).

I once posted that I was going to use Yellowstuff at my (then) next pad change, but then I found that they contain metal. As I said, Redstuff are the only ones (of any make) that don't

• Like 2

ECP always seem to have a sale on so don't take their listed price as read. Always worth adding it to the basket and entering the discount code. The brake prices are usually pretty good.

If you don't need to collect and can wait for delivery carparts4less are the same company but different branding and can be cheaper than ECP (again they have discount codes too).

Having said that I needed something today, so ordered a set of Pagid discs and pads for the front of my IS250 for £83. Been using Pagid for years and always been happy with them.

1 hour ago, Eddy555 said:

ECP always seem to have a sale on so don't take their listed price as read. Always worth adding it to the basket and entering the discount code. The brake prices are usually pretty good.

If you don't need to collect and can wait for delivery carparts4less are the same company but different branding and can be cheaper than ECP (again they have discount codes too).

Having said that I needed something today, so ordered a set of Pagid discs and pads for the front of my IS250 for £83. Been using Pagid for years and always been happy with them.

even more lower when you buy through their eBay store. i do understand some peoples view about prodcts sold on eBay being Chinese knock offs but if you look closely you will notice even Lexus and most dealers now have an eBay store. there are some genuine quality product sellers on there if you look very well..  

• Like 1

Ill tell you something about ECP brake discs and pads and I dont know if this is true for all of them

However, for a friends son's Hyundai, he needed pads and discs all around. Got them from ECP with their 50% off brakes - Brembos

They didn't fit correctly, they were way too tight in the rear and needed grinding down (not the first time this has happened from ECP). 

Showed them to the mechanic and he was pretty adamant they were not original brembo quality and claimed they were very good knock offs. He claimed that a lot of the brake pads and discs on the market are very good knock offs and even if buying from a reputable company theres a chance they'll be fakes

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Eddy555 said:

ECP always seem to have a sale on so don't take their listed price as read.

I would never ever buy anything from ECP for their list price. They list price is literally 30% on to of anything else, but when you get 50% of from 130% price, that is still quite reasonable discount of 35% in the end. Secondly, I am not getting overly excited bout their prices and even with discounts only buying in case I really need something. And if I need something, but I am not desperate, then as you said ECP will have 50-60% discount at least once a month.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rayaans said:

they were not original brembo quality and claimed they were very good knock offs. He claimed that a lot of the brake pads and discs on the market are very good knock offs 

That is quite big claim to make, but on the other hand when it come to very crude basic parts like brake discs or pads which require no high-end technology to make I would not be surprised. Like what is the actual difference between brembo disc and no name one?! brembo has the part code laser engraved on the back... well guess what - laser engraver is like $100 in China. Boxes for such "generic" items are often low quality even on original parts so it takes nothing to fake them as well.

We know for a fact there are loads of fake Bosch and Denso spark plugs, so why not pads and discs?

Maybe the only reservation I have - whenever that is ECP at the corporate level or is it rather some disgruntled employee in warehouse receiving minimum wage on 0 hour contract and swapping some parts with fakes ( ora shift supervisor with couple of employees). I reckon it is latter, because ECP would be shut for good if corporations like brembo, Denso or Bosch would find out.