Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RC-F Windscreen

• 2 weeks later...

The windscreen has UV protection, 99% reduction. Obviously laminated too for safety and also for noise reduction. Don't know what is used to eliminate the UV though.

The side and rear windows are also coated for UV cut to 90% reduction.

Glass naturally absorbs UVA and the plastic film between the layers (that creates the laminated screen) absorbs the UVB

Side windows do absorb UVA but unless especially coated allow cancer causing UVB through. There is a much higher incidence of freckles and skin cancers on left arms (in the US) and right arms (in the UK)

The specific reason I was asking is because laser detectors don't work through the types of windscreen I listed.

Now I know they are mostly useless anyway but the radar works very well. Just never got a laser ping and knew the side windows have a coating. In fact its very visible with polarised sunglasses on.

Do mobile police cash machines use laser or radar?

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

What you see through polarised glasses is the stress patterns in the glass caused by the toughening process.

In the old days before windscreens became laminated one just couldn't wear polarised sunglasses when driving!!