Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Eggie said:

Just done a 400 mile round trip in my NX to Scotland. The majority on motorway at 60-70mph (confirmed by gps not speedo) and returned 41 miles per gallon. Again confirmed by fill up rather than computer. Excellent quiet ride on michelin cross climate tyres.  Love my NX.

Factual and succinct.Many thanks.

I have just refuelled my NX and with the usual brim to brim check have recorded just over 45mpg. The 455 miles covered included motorway and city driving. Very happy with that. The NX is simply a fantastic car as far as I am concerned. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 9:18 AM, Herbie said:

If you lot think the 2012-15 RX is ugly then you don't know the meaning of the word - this LX570 thing fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down!

ugly.thumb.jpeg.3e59f57c967ad9853f93e8eb0015c1f4.jpeg

Whoa that sure is one fugly car, would never buy that 🤮

On 5/25/2019 at 8:24 PM, Cactus said:

I have both an Nx300h (my wife drives it now predominantly) and Gs450h. I can tell you I regret getting the Nx300h.i was in a similar situation to you last year, with a budget just under 30k debating between a used rx and nx. If i have the chance to do it again,  I would have gotten an older generation rx450 with air suspension. Much better ride comfort/quieter cabin, during the test drive. I can’t comment on the fuel economy difference between the rx and the nx. However, between the Gs450h and the nx300h, the nx was better averaging about 38-40mpg compared to early thirties in the Gs. 

The reason I didn’t get the rx450 was only simply down to the fact that my wife couldn’t live with the looks (i am referring to the pre facelift models (<2015), which I admit, the nx has a much more palatable styling and interior. 

hope it helps. 

Thanks for the info Ka, as you will have noticed I went for the NX after all. I’m really happy with it, despite the poor mpg I get, low 30’s.

The mpg was the reason I didn’t get it after a test drive last year, but as I only do 7k miles a year, it’s not a deal breaker really and I just have to suck it up until a decent electric vehicle comes along.

My son in law also has an NX and his got pronged by a bolt on the A1 last week, right through the Battery radiator. He was able to get a hire car from Lexus although it was an F Pace Jag. He brought it round for a look see and I have to say that for the money it is built terrible. The Battery is in the boot (no problem with that’s) and it has small bolts through the  bodywork holding it in place and unfinished paintwork around it. Out of sight, out of mind. I can see that Battery dropping through the floor in 5 years, if the car is still running. What a shocker in terms of quality, nowhere near a Lexus. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 10:04 AM, Eggie said:

Just done a 400 mile round trip in my NX to Scotland. The majority on motorway at 60-70mph (confirmed by gps not speedo) and returned 41 miles per gallon. Again confirmed by fill up rather than computer. Excellent quiet ride on michelin cross climate tyres.  Love my NX.

Cross Climates certainly do the business for ride comfort and grip. Much better than the factory fit Dunlops on my last 2 Lexus 

• Like 1