Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Again

LennyLexus

sorry to bring this up agian, its been dicussed many a time. But never for a specfic age group!

I'm currently 20, and the best quote I got for my own name (NO MODs) was £2300. So i'm insured on my old mans for just under a grand (Directline)

As my 21st birthday is coming up soon, i put in some dodgy details (DOB) to see what insurance will be like for me. £970!!!!!!! with no no claims. What a drop £1300! Only problem NO MODS :crybaby: I rang DC a while ago about tints, the girl said as long as they let 70% of light through or something its fine....

Does anyone in the 21-24 age group have modded insurance and what are you paying out?

All i'm looking at getting done immediately are tints and spoiler, and wheels (but i can get them insurance elsewhere).

I would also like to add while that most quotes at 20 were between 3-6k, i even had lloyds quote me 10'000 english pounds!!!! I can see they really wanted my business :whistling:

Try Bell Direct, they were always good for me and I *think* they cover mods. They were one of the cheapest insurers around when I first got my Lex although I've since defected to the LOC scheme and now I'm nearing 30...!!!

Thanks thats one company i never tried. To be honest I was expecting to stay of my old mans policy till I was 25, but it prices are this reasonable at 21, would be silly not to take out my own:)

It looks like the insurance for the tints are gonna cost more then the tints themselves :lol:

cheekyfutch Posted on Feb 26 2004, 01:47 PM

My insurance is £1300 with 2 years no claims (lost 2 to an accident with my previous car)

I'm 28! 

you tryna say i'm lucky? :blink: if you got no mods give directline a go, 10% for online, and futher 10% for having your home insurance with them.

Sipey Posted on Feb 26 2004, 02:02 PM

I either go with Tesco or Norwhich Union.

Currently with Tesco - 25yrs age with 4yrs NCB and 1 accident - I am paying £560.00 

Tesco where £1300ish for me, and privilege were £1100ish. Will try NU.

Zee007 Posted on Feb 26 2004, 02:04 PM

When I first got the IS200, I had no mods and was 22 - I was paying £900 through Lexus Insurance. Since then, and with all mods declared, I'm paying £950 through Adrian Flux... 

ah lexus seem a good deal then. was that £900 without any NCB? Dont Lexus ins accept mods too? I'm waiting for adrian flux to get back to me.

CP409135 Posted on Feb 26 2004, 02:09 PM

I used to have a Renault Clio 172 and was insured through Renault, now i'm 23 and still insured through renault insurance and paying £650 fully comp for the Lex. 

Are telling me to give them a go? :lol: might as well. How much NCB have you got?

I am currently with Zurich at £970 fully comp with 4 years NCB protected and covering me for work at the young age of 27 . Have tried a number of brokers, websites, and LOC and this was the best price, thanks to the post code lottery.

When I was in Stevenage with the primera it was £610. If the Lexus was down there it would drop to £750. In both cases my car is parked outside.

My advice is to get on the insurance ladder ASAP that way you can build up the NCB quicker I found that there is not much of a drop at 25 have been told by most people it happens more at 30.

Thanks for everyones help.

Not much of a drop at 25?? I'm bloody impressed with the £1300+ drop at 21!!

Az my old man was with A plan, they always used to sort him deals out, until i passed my driving test :angry:

Colin I any idea how much extra for tints, and lip spoiler?

anyone recommend not declaring these?

High excess is not a problem, i'm currently on £750!!!!

droping to £250 in 2 months.

And I dont mind a ltd mileage policy anymore, 5000miles per yer if that helps... as i've got a van now and looking to get another run about (which will do aorund 20'000).

Don't know - maybe something like 10%

As for not declaring them - well it's your call but I wouldn't recommend it. Last thing you want to for your insurance to be void when you need a pay out.

You may get two options for your mods. One is to declare them so you are legal and the other is to get the actual mods insured so that they will be replaced if needed in an accident.

The first option would be cheaper but standard parts would be used to fix your vehicle.

Don't know - maybe something like 10%

As for not declaring them - well it's your call but I wouldn't recommend it. Last thing you want to for your insurance to be void when you need a pay out.

You may get two options for your mods. One is to declare them so you are legal and the other is to get the actual mods insured so that they will be replaced if needed in an accident.

The first option would be cheaper but standard parts would be used to fix your vehicle.

Colin is it possible to have mods declared but not insured!?!? Because that would just be perfect. The cost insuring tints will probably be more then the cost of them :angry:

Firebond just insure wheels and mods....

I just hope their mod premiums are nothing like the cars look below

yes things are looking great here, with NO mods!!!

Insurer Fortis Fortis Norwich Union Axa Zurich

Cost £3779.95 £3888.03 £3923.05 No Quote No Quote

CP409135 Posted on Feb 26 2004, 07:39 PM

i have 2 years no claims by the way, its worth a call I suppose i'll get the number if you want to try 

Do they allow mods?

Try Bell Direct, they were always good for me and I *think* they cover mods. They were one of the cheapest insurers around when I first got my Lex although I've since defected to the LOC scheme and now I'm nearing 30...!!!

thanks for the suggestion claire. but they want £2005.95!!! and thats without mods :angry:

sorry to bring this up agian, its been dicussed many a time. But never for a specfic age group!

I'm currently 20, and the best quote I got for my own name (NO MODs) was £2300. So i'm insured on my old mans for just under a grand (Directline)

As my 21st birthday is coming up soon, i put in some dodgy details (DOB) to see what insurance will be like for me. £970!!!!!!! with no no claims. What a drop £1300! Only problem NO MODS :crybaby: I rang DC a while ago about tints, the girl said as long as they let 70% of light through or something its fine....

Does anyone in the 21-24 age group have modded insurance and what are you paying out?

All i'm looking at getting done immediately are tints and spoiler, and wheels (but i can get them insurance elsewhere).

I would also like to add while that most quotes at 20 were between 3-6k, i even had lloyds quote me 10'000 english pounds!!!! I can see they really wanted my business :whistling:

im 21 and had the lexfrom brand new for nearly 18 months since i was 19.that was my first time on my own insurance and direct line sorted it m for £2352 last may with my first mo claims it went to 1537 and due for renewl in may so should go more,

but gonna get rid of car and get somethin else so insurance gonna go up again!

Raz-Lloyds r waste of time they quoted me nearly £12k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! idiots!!!

had windows tinted for bout 14months but aint told direct line. its stupid but i'll tell em wen i renew it this time

Raz cant say how much it will go up for mods aint got a clue son, good luck anyways

mitch

sorry raz this aint bout a lex but just thought i'd tell u anyways

direct line quoted me £1363 for a yr old Audi A4 drop top 3.0 sport worth £35k kinda happy wit that

oh and £1222 on an X5 3.0d worth £35k thats good for 21 yr old wit 2 yrs no claims

i'll try elephant and add the mods i want on both cars to see wot they quote

ColinBarber Posted on Mar 2 2004, 08:12 PM

did you try elephant? Same group as Admiral but should give more discount. There online quote will allow you to put in mods. 

Elephant were 2k!!

Have you seen the mods list, they only insure tints > 30% i think...

And directline said, as long as your windows let in 70% light its fine, no increase.

So I might chance it there.

Mitch Posted on Mar 2 2004, 08:49 PM

sorry raz this aint bout a lex but just thought i'd tell u anyways

direct line quoted me £1363 for a yr old Audi A4 drop top 3.0 sport worth £35k kinda happy wit that

oh and £1222 on an X5 3.0d worth £35k thats good for 21 yr old wit 2 yrs no claims

i'll try elephant and add the mods i want on both cars to see wot they quote 

Directline are very good if you have no 'mods'!!!! :angry: Anyone else is well expensive.