Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RAV4 CarWow review

CarWow RAV4 Review

Aside from the inevitable criticism of the CVT gearbox, this is a pretty positive review. If the savings against an NX are significant, I'm struggling to think why you wouldn't have the RAV instead. Seems likely to be more economical, updated infotainment, similar looking interior and longer warranty.

Thoughts?

5 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

CarWow RAV4 Review

Aside from the inevitable criticism of the CVT gearbox, this is a pretty positive review. If the savings against an NX are significant, I'm struggling to think why you wouldn't have the RAV instead. Seems likely to be more economical, updated infotainment, similar looking interior and longer warranty.

Thoughts?

Because it's a RAV4🤭

All jokes aside I would get the new Ford Kuga over the RAV4, the amount of tech in that for the money is amazing. 

It certainly seems a vast improvement looks wise than the old model, mpg looks very interesting compared to the NX and the sat nav looks simpler. It's a very interesting alternative as people search wider to avoid the £40K tax barrier.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jbi507 said:

Because it's a RAV4🤭

All jokes aside I would get the new Ford Kuga over the RAV4, the amount of tech in that for the money is amazing. 

Is there a full hybrid version of the Kuga other than plug in? 

Did a couple of thousand km in the outgoing RAV4, and while I know it shares the front part of its platform with the current NX, I was surprised how obvious the Lexus differences were. While the RAV4 was a perfectly good rental car, overall refinement was significantly worse than the NX, with a harsher ride and poor noise suppression, and I would have found it hard to live with the more utilitarian cabin.  So I'd be wary about thinking a RAV4 is an NX with a big discount; with the old RAV4/NX the Lexus added value was well worth the price difference in my view. Will be interesting to see if the same added value is apparent in the gen 2 NX whenever it appears. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/4/2019 at 10:19 PM, jbi507 said:

Because it's a RAV4🤭

New Kuga seems impressive in theory, but I don't like the looks tbh.

My next car will likely be a plug in hybrid. With a 15 mile commute, but longer journeys maybe once a month it makes sense for me. Probably...

CarWow new Kuga

• Like 1

8 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

My next car will likely be a plug in hybrid. With a 15 mile commute, but longer journeys maybe once a month it makes sense for me. Probably...

CarWow new Kuga

Yeah I agree looks ain't great. 

Also I think my next car will be fully electric. 

On 4/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, First_Lexus said:

CarWow new Kuga

For my type of journeys the plug in hybrids would not be practical, therefore at present a Norma hybrid will suffice. The review on the Rav-4 is very positive and no extra road tax hike to be paid!

We've had a longish test drive, nice to drive but noisy. I've looked at the review and he mentions a bit of noise from the mirrors and road noise. We were surprised at the level of noise for a not cheap car. We were ready to order one but it was just too unrefined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1