Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking forward to seeing what they do with it to make it a f. Hopefully bump in power, nicer wheels, more aggressive body kit. Wonder how much it will cost. 

With the extra cooling going in at the front - RCF already has this for the same engine - but LCF rads look larger - might point to Turbo.

A performance Hybrid would be more interesting and on brand though. 

I know it is just a test mule, but those wheels looks just sooooo much better than wheels on LC... Lexus really put some ugly wheels on LC500... hopefully that will get fixed on LC-F.

It would be great if the go for V10, but I know it is my mad dreams... surely it will be same V8 just with turbo... 

• Like 1

Lets hope it isn't anything less than a V8, I know V6 turbo's engines are pushing out big power. I just hope Lexus follow the 458 line like they did with the Speciale rather than putting in a smaller go faster engine.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

If I was in charge I'd put 100bhp electric motors on each front wheel. 

That way the extra power will have traction. 

Do you mean in addition to V8?

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Yes - 670hp hybrid (total)

I totally see why this suggestion would make sense with one exception - the only cars to use similar layout are BMW i8, McLaren P1 and Ferrari LaFerrari, however they are Rear/Mid engine-rear wheel drive. Lexus is Front engined car, closer comparable with BMW 330/530e layout and what you will find in these - they have relatively small electric engines in the front. In summary I don't think there is enough space in LC to have both V8 and 2x100hp electric motors. The only other option is to go for TT V6 and 2, 3 or even 4 electric motors.

Apart of obviously tight space upfront.. I cannot really come-up with much downsides... it could be argued that steering feel could suffer, but that is not really the case as all supercars above they all have excellent steering feel (from what I could gather) and LC500 "doesn't" ~in comparison by picky journalists. That said it would be logical step - it would improve acceleration in straight line, allow for further torque vectoring at the front and compensate for lack of torque on N/A motor down low. With 2x100hp electric motors would realistically be ~1200Nm (~300-400x2+500NM)

I'm looking forward to seeing and reading the test reports when this comes out. Let's just hope they go a bit further than just tweak the LCF from the current LC. 

Before I bought my RCF my mindset was that I wanted a decent big N/A V8, tried a rather nice special order V8 M3 but felt after 20 minuets into the test drive that you had to drive it at 7/10ths all the time. With all the adjustments available in the RCF I was able to dial in smooth when I wanted to then dial in crazy and that's what sold me on it.

I know the LC is a big car but I'm sure there are a bunch of potential owners out in the market who want a big N/A engine that can do smooth but can dial in crazy when they want it. If Lexus were to genuinely attempt to draw on the kudos they got for producing the LFA and somehow put aspects of it in the new LCF they'd have a winner. I'm fully aware of the fact that the LCF won't be anywhere near the LFA for so many reasons but if they can do a genuine tip of the hat to the LFA with the LCF it could be a great success.

Oh and of course keep it away from dicks like Doug Munro or whatever his name is.

9 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Oh and of course keep it away from dicks like Doug Munro or whatever his name is.

I though he was overall quite positive about LC, not for the reasons important for Europeans, but still positive.. 

9 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

I though he was overall quite positive about LC, not for the reasons important for Europeans, but still positive.. 

I was thinking about his review of the RCF, very nearly put me off buying one until I watched the Chris Harris review.