Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot space

Moonie101

Wondering if anyone can help, I have seen conflicting information on the boot space on Lexus RX400h, specs from Lexus and from reviews I’ve seen state that with the seats up it has 38.3 cubic ft which is 1084 cu litres. Yet when I look at specs in the UK autotrader and other info it states cu litres of around 450 cu litres equivalent to about 15 cu ft. Which is correct because that’s a massive difference 

Edited by Moonie101

I don't know which is correct but it might be that both are correct.

For security reasons most people would class the boot space as being only as high as the luggage cover so that nothing can be seen from outside. Maybe the higher figure is a 'floor to ceiling' measurement, not taking into account the cover.

Is the larger figure the load space with the seats down? 

I've found that some sites list both seat up and down figures whereas some reviews only one set of figures, which then makes direct comparisons tricky.

Lexus and USA reviews say Seats down it’s 84.7 cu ft or 2398 cu litres but the uk specs I’ve seen says it’s about 900 cu litres with seats down that’s what’s messing with my mind