Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I occasionally look at other models and read "paddle shift" hmm. Photo's appeared quite nice until....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS250-83000-miles-black-luxury-leather-seats-heated-and-refrigerated-A1vgc/143176382207?hash=item2155fa36ff:g:rU4AAOSwyHxceNwU

from the photos it looks like the off side rear door suffered a hit possibly rear suspension as well. but looking at the photos it looks like  a very good repair has been carried out. so long as it has been given the all clear by DVLA and has been put back on the road,  has passed MOT, door shuts and locks fine, rear door airbag is functional , is worth a closer inspection and a haggle down to £2000. but note some insurance companies might turn their nose up on category s cars or might hike premiums if they decide to insure. all in all a very good repair in my opinion.

• Like 1

Details...details...Seats are Not Refridgerated but Ventilated.

And Levinson in description...Hmmm? ( it is in fact a SE model)

ML, Really.JPG

SE.JPG

Definitely not an SE-L - Definitely not equipped with the ML system .... buying it would be a long term investment for someone buying it I guess ..... there would be no real future re-sale value I think.... Have seen a few SE models for that price with no accident damage on eBay

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what was the price, but it should have been very low for this to be attractive offer when straight cars of similar age spec sells for under £2000. 

The damage it self was minimal - I am not sure where you see suspension damage, even wheel arch was not touched, so how the suspension got damaged?! I would be more worried about B pillar, but it seems like it was scraped against something rather than heavily hit, that said 2 doors to bolt on and car is fixed. Could be few little slightly trickier bits, like pulled out screw holes etc, but that is fairly simple hammer + welder job.

It is kind of stupid this car was Cat-S, If that would have been my car I would have appealed insurance decision, because S stands for "structural damage" - there are no structural damage on this car. Insurance companies should stop pretending they understand about the cars, or simply give categories based on the price vs. repair value. Fair enough - car could be uneconomical repair due to its market price being low, but that doesn't make it cat-S. Non-structural damage like this should be cat-N.

• Like 1