Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus UX - Just got mine!

So just picked up my Lexus UX from Glasgow. Black with red leather interior. Lovely looking car and possibly first one in the area from what the sales man said

Anyone else collected theirs yet? Looking for some info around a couple of things! 

Thanks

3FFAAF39-B312-400D-8E15-7BC5EA97F75B.jpeg

6A88FD50-1F4E-4989-B1B4-09A26DD0FFF4.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi

Picked up my Takumi in Graphite Black Thursday week ago from Guildford and have just about worked all the way through getting things setup as I want.

So far very pleased - very comfortable ride, smooth drive and seems economical - managed 50.2 mpg on one 18 mile commute to the museum where I volunteer! Certainly a major change from my previous Mini Cooper S Clubman and my other run about a 69 Lotus Elan!!

Suggest if you have any questions just ask and I'm sure someone will have an answer.

One question I have is what type of tyres did yours come with? From reading some of the pre release material I was expecting All Season Run Flats but mine is fitted with Dunlop Summer Run flats.

John

Mines are fitted with Bridgestone Turanza RFs. 

Is it possible to have the mirrors power fold when locking the car? Can’t seem to find an ‘auto’ switch anywhere

The 50.2mpg trip, what kind of speed/setting was the car in? I do a 50 miles motorway commute to work and back and seem to be getting around early 40s

also is there a way to see the mpg on trip A and trip B ? 

Thanks in advance

Hi Ady

Thanks for the reply - The Turanzas are All Season tyres and was what I was expecting on mine.

The mirror question could be very simple - check that the adjustment selection switch is in the middle "auto' setting. If you have adjusted the mirrors and left the switch in either the left or right setting they will not auto fold.

The trip was cross-country with a max speed limit of 50mph but mainly 30 or 40. It is trip I do frequently and the traffic this day was horrendous and instead of my normal 35 to 40 mins took about 70 which made it even more surprising for me that it achieved that figure - it was running on electric power only often so that obviously helped. The overall MPG from pick up seems to be around the mid 40's.

Not sure about the trip mileage question as I have not looked at that yet.

John

Folding mirrors on locking only on Takumi spec. 

Dealers only allowed to put Takumi models in the showroom so you will only see the full spec.

Anybody noticed a resonance type sound when cold in the mornings and the engine is running faster (like having the choke on in prehistoric days) goes after a very short distance and does not come back all day even if the engine is cold again. It’s just a morning thing for me.

Hi Guys, Since We have had a huge push on Auto Glym Products we have a new Package perfect for keeping your UX in mint condition. 

Only £55 for 

• Rapid Aqua Wax Complete Kit
  • Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner 500ml
  • Clean Wheels 500ml
  • Fast Glass 500ml
  • Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth – Red
  • Hi-Tech microfibre Drying Towel
  • Instant tyre dressing 500ml
  • Super Resin Polish 500ml

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/car-care/auto-glym-perfect-exterior-package/

6 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

Folding mirrors on locking only on Takumi spec. 

Dealers only allowed to put Takumi models in the showroom so you will only see the full spec.

Anybody noticed a resonance type sound when cold in the mornings and the engine is running faster (like having the choke on in prehistoric days) goes after a very short distance and does not come back all day even if the engine is cold again. It’s just a morning thing for me.

Wolverhampton have a UX Premium Plus in their showroom in addition to a Takumi.

I've noticed that noise but hadn't really associated it with any particular time after starting, I'm sure it happened once after going back out in the evening to pick up my daughter. Will have to keep an ear out for it.

Hi all, 

ordered mine last week and due in on the 25th April. 

UX 250h, graphite black, premium plus tech and safety with cream interior. 

Just looking at some videos online it looks like the US version has apple car play but not the UK version? 

Paul

Hi guys, congrats on the UX's. Is it true that the Lexus enform app (remote starting, Alexa etc) is only available in the U.S? Or... Are you using a different app for the UK?

If you have manual seats, how are you finding the comfort? Are you missing lumbar support?

Looking forward to hearing about your mpg figures after you've got a few miles on the clock.

Thanks

On 4/14/2019 at 12:34 AM, Wikey said:

Hi all, 

Just looking at some videos online it looks like the US version has Apple car play but not the UK version? 

Paul

Wow, so the time to order and receive is less than a month?

Order time? I waited 382 days 😂😂 I put a provisional deposit down March 8th 2018 because I knew I wanted one even before full pictures were available.

After 4 weeks these are my thoughts.

Seats are very good for us as we both use the same position to drive. I have done a couple of run outs on A roads, no motorways, and mostly all short trips that retired people do and I am averaging 51. On electric at a higher speed and longer. The front seats would have to come forward if you have long legged rear passengers but that’s not an issue for us. Rear power door is great. With the extra weight over the front wheels the power steering has been increased so for me it’s lighter than my old IS. Still trying to put the foot brake on when I park, there is not one, works through the  park position. The hold button for when you are hills works well then you do not have to keep your foot on the foot brake. There has been a lot of talk about the boot but it’s ok for us and about the same as the CT which I had on loan for month before my UX arrived. There is also the recess under the boot bottom for larger items. We are finding the text on the coloured sat nav not as good as it’s a smaller black font with a white border. Great for getting in and out with old knees.

Europe has to put up with the American spelling of tyre, it’s tire on the tyre pressure display 😖

Because there are no cills on the car body the doors are longer in the height so be careful with cambered pavements.

My IS was a 2015 so I have noticed a much smoother quieter ride. I am very happy with mine and well worth the wait.

5 hours ago, UX250h said:

I got mine in just over a week but they did find one already in the country to the exact spec and colours I asked for.

Yes, the delivery times and dates all depends on which vehicles are in stock in the country, which are on the way on the boat and which need to actually be built from scratch.

The more awkward combinations will take the longest to arrive understandably

7 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

Order time? I waited 382 days 😂😂 I put a provisional deposit down March 8th 2018 because I knew I wanted one even before full pictures were available.

After 4 weeks these are my thoughts.

Seats are very good for us as we both use the same position to drive. I have done a couple of run outs on A roads, no motorways, and mostly all short trips that retired people do and I am averaging 51. On electric at a higher speed and longer. The front seats would have to come forward if you have long legged rear passengers but that’s not an issue for us. Rear power door is great. With the extra weight over the front wheels the power steering has been increased so for me it’s lighter than my old IS. Still trying to put the foot brake on when I park, there is not one, works through the  park position. The hold button for when you are hills works well then you do not have to keep your foot on the foot brake. There has been a lot of talk about the boot but it’s ok for us and about the same as the CT which I had on loan for month before my UX arrived. There is also the recess under the boot bottom for larger items. We are finding the text on the coloured sat nav not as good as it’s a smaller black font with a white border. Great for getting in and out with old knees.

Europe has to put up with the American spelling of tyre, it’s tire on the tyre pressure display 😖

Because there are no cills on the car body the doors are longer in the height so be careful with cambered pavements.

My IS was a 2015 so I have noticed a much smoother quieter ride. I am very happy with mine and well worth the wait.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:34 AM, Wikey said:

Hi all, 

Just looking at some videos online it looks like the US version has Apple car play but not the UK version? 

Paul

Just got an F Sport to try for a few days, seats seem harder than the standard UX I drove briefly. Getting approx 42mpg at 70-75 mph, does that sound about right?

Do you get live traffic or do you need to tether your phone as a WiFi hotspot to get this? I have connected my phone using WiFi, but can't download any apps through the e-store! Any advice.

Thanks

37 minutes ago, UX250h said:

Do you get live traffic or do you need to tether your phone as a WiFi hotspot to get this? I have connected my phone using WiFi, but can't download any apps through the e-store! Any advice

Yes, tether either as WiFi or Bluetooth hotspot. The e-store doesn't function yet, if it ever will.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, UX250h said:

Just got an F Sport to try for a few days, seats seem harder than the standard UX I drove briefly. Getting approx 42mpg at 70-75 mph, does that sound about right?

Do you get live traffic or do you need to tether your phone as a WiFi hotspot to get this? I have connected my phone using WiFi, but can't download any apps through the e-store! Any advice.

Thanks

Pretty reasonable MPG. 

Ive got to the point where I dont even bother about MPG anymore lol as long as its not crazy bad

The F-Sport seats Ive found are very stiff when new and they seem to ease in, mine are quite soft now albeit different vehicles. 

Yes, couple of weeks for the order and delivery! I was quite relaxed about the exact spec in terms of colour. Managed to get one that is due next Thursday! 

Cant wait. 

F  Sport quick review.

Great mpg, 47 mpg to work, 11miles of 70mph, 20 miles of 40-50mph, last 10 miles gets busy.

Observations

Car looks, feels, drives great (still need to test performance chassis setting) Got enough power to keep you happy.

Comfortable, quiet, well built, quality, it's a joy to drive after running a Mercedes C250 for 4 years.

Getting used to infotainment system, it's fine when you get used to it.

Standard audio sound quality isn't that great,  just passable. 

HUD is awesome.

SatNav is almost impossible to read, you have to rely on the instruction at the bottom of the screen to navigate (or HUD) Going to see if I can use mirrorcast to duplicate Google maps onto the screen.hopefully, this is possible, and should resolve the issue

Getting used to LTA adjusting the steering. Dynamic radar control works well.

No Enform suite, apps, Alexa in the UK and can't find out if these goodies Will become available in the UK! Will try connected services when I get one, still deciding on the model!

3 hours ago, UX250h said:

F  Sport quick review.

Great mpg, 47 mpg to work, 11miles of 70mph, 20 miles of 40-50mph, last 10 miles gets busy.

Observations

Car looks, feels, drives great (still need to test performance chassis setting) Got enough power to keep you happy.

Comfortable, quiet, well built, quality, it's a joy to drive after running a Mercedes C250 for 4 years.

Getting used to infotainment system, it's fine when you get used to it.

Standard audio sound quality isn't that great,  just passable. 

HUD is awesome.

SatNav is almost impossible to read, you have to rely on the instruction at the bottom of the screen to navigate (or HUD) Going to see if I can use mirrorcast to duplicate Google maps onto the screen.hopefully, this is possible, and should resolve the issue

Getting used to LTA adjusting the steering. Dynamic radar control works well.

No Enform suite, apps, Alexa in the UK and can't find out if these goodies Will become available in the UK! Will try connected services when I get one, still deciding on the model!

Sounds like you are happy, same as me.

On the satnav comment, I have reduced the contrast which takes some of the colour away and makes the white border stand out a little more. Definitely needs a colour setting.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

Sounds like you are happy, same as me.

On the satnav comment, I have reduced the contrast which takes some of the colour away and makes the white border stand out a little more. Definitely needs a colour setting.

Hey, many thanks for the contrast reduction tip. Worked a treat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links