Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus UX - Just got mine!

So here’s my fuel updates in the 2 weeks I’ve had it....

MPG - I do a lot of motorway miles and it’s ok. Gets just about 40mpg. Seems to do a lot better, high 40s, for shorter journeys.

Changing to sport is having little/no effect on mpg. May actually increase it a little on motorway? Testing this theory currently...

Fuel Tank - one thing I definitely don’t like is the tank size is really small and I need to fill up a lot more often. Get just over 300 miles out of a tank where as my previous small hatch was 450

If anyone has any tips on getting better mpg please do share! 

On 4/17/2019 at 7:07 AM, olliesgrandad said:

At my dealer this week they were quoting July for UX. December for ES as many more orders than Lexus envisaged. 

Just ordered a black F-Sport with black trim, really hoping there's one in the UK somewhere, else guessing I'll be waiting for months

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Picked up my new UX 250h Takumi 6 weeks ago.   Very impressed with the car (my 7th Lexus).  Let down by sloppy management at Dealership,   No Hard copy of User Guide in glove box - they expressed surprise and said would order one up - 6 weeks later still not arrived.   They gave me a link to an on-line PDF - 560 pages - the UX is a very high tech car.  If you have been used to sitting in a new Lexus with a physical handbook it can be quite a pleasant way to find your way around the many features.  Sitting with an Iphone searching through 560 pages is a nightmare.  I have since found out that it is a "National Issue", and one can be ordered up through your dealer.   Been in touch with Lexus HO today and gave me a satisfactory reply.  I gather someone will light the blue touch paper!

I would definitely recommend the UX - just don't expect the service to be 100%.  Sad to have to recount this - Lexus cars are brilliant.  In 15 years I have never had any problem at all.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:42 PM, lexian said:

Picked up my new UX 250h Takumi 6 weeks ago.   Very impressed with the car (my 7th Lexus).  Let down by sloppy management at Dealership,   No Hard copy of User Guide in glove box - they expressed surprise and said would order one up - 6 weeks later still not arrived.   They gave me a link to an on-line PDF - 560 pages - the UX is a very high tech car.  If you have been used to sitting in a new Lexus with a physical handbook it can be quite a pleasant way to find your way around the many features.  Sitting with an iPhone searching through 560 pages is a nightmare.  I have since found out that it is a "National Issue", and one can be ordered up through your dealer.   Been in touch with Lexus HO today and gave me a satisfactory reply.  I gather someone will light the blue touch paper!

I would definitely recommend the UX - just don't expect the service to be 100%.  Sad to have to recount this - Lexus cars are brilliant.  In 15 years I have never had any problem at all.

I am a bit confused by your statement about "sloppy management" and "don't expect the service to be 100%. What are you referring to?

If it is about the manual I think it's a bit harsh: this is now common practice not only with Lexus but with other manufacturers too. More and more people are happy to go online and, if required, to print only the pages they need. What is the point on systematically issuing hefty manuals that will seldom get used past the first few weeks and take a lot of space in the glove box. Save a tree! 🙂

• Like 1

The "Sloppy Management" involved several issues and has been taken up with those concerned.    I would not publish them on an open forum.  

The issue of the missing Manual was not the main concern but having had all previous new Lexus cars supplied with a hard copy of the guide it would have been nice to have been told that the 560 page book was no longer supplied as standard.  I, and my family, do head for the 'glove box' throughout our ownership of our cars.

I have had 101% satisfaction with all my previous Lexus purchases,  so I've a good basis for my very mild criticism.  It seems I've opened a can of worms.

Subject closed.

22 minutes ago, lexian said:

The "Sloppy Management" involved several issues and has been taken up with those concerned.    I would not publish them on an open forum.  

The issue of the missing Manual was not the main concern but having had all previous new Lexus cars supplied with a hard copy of the guide it would have been nice to have been told that the 560 page book was no longer supplied as standard.  I, and my family, do head for the 'glove box' throughout our ownership of our cars.

I have had 101% satisfaction with all my previous Lexus purchases,  so I've a good basis for my very mild criticism.  It seems I've opened a can of worms.

Subject closed.

Did you not get any manual at all? Mine came with an abridged hard copy manual (about 100 pages).

1 hour ago, Gary T said:

Did you not get any manual at all? Mine came with an abridged hard copy manual (about 100 pages).

As did mine, both current and previous cars.

I got the usual customer satisfaction survey yesterday and was asked if I expected a hardcopy full handbook, I said I didn't. Online is perfectly satisfactory IMHO 

No, not even an abridged copy.  Also the Service Record book missing, so no predelivery /preparation history received.  I could go on but prefer to close this post and just enjoy the car.