Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hire car - Skoda

Vlady

While my wifes car is in the garage, for a 2nd week now, we have been given a hire car, Skoda Octavia! So at the moment  my wife drives my Lexus and loves it I got stuck with Skoda, which has 1.6 diesel engine and manual gearbox, not a problem to me but my wife prefers automatic hence driving my Lexus!

Well, Skoda not even close to Lexus luxuries and refinement (of course) but has a massive boot and Adjustable Cruise Control which I really wish I had on my Lexus!

Also driving on my normal route (home-work-home) I get high 60 miles per gallon, at one point I saw 70, well, thanks to Lexus hybrid who taught me to drive economically but 70mpg!!!, I have never seen anything like this before, really impressed! Of course, the car is noisy (compared to Lexus) and that engine noise is horrific but you get used to it and for what it cost I think as a package is a terrific car! 

One big plus also is an infotainment system! Well done Czech Republic!

• Like 1

The Octavia is highly regarded .

I was reading that you could source a new VRS with discounts for not much more than £20K....

Every second taxi around our place is an Octavia 

If I wanted a long term reliable work horse / keeper then this would be on my list. However life is too short for such a sensible choice😉

I agree, if I was for cheap motoring I would strongly consider Octavia. VRS is great but you would end up with not much better mpg then my Lexus and mot much more luxuries or comfort, still a cracking car I guess.

Yesterday I had to repark the Lexus so sat in it to move it a meter or so and God just as soon as I sat in it I felt the difference in quality, sound and comfort, like your old comfortable chair!

You are also right saying about life and being sensible! lol! 

13 hours ago, Vlady said:

One big plus also is an infotainment system! Well done Czech Republic!

This is one feature of modern cars which is constantly changing. As soon as one manufacturer comes out with a new idea

the others copy it...  Most of us can remember when aircon always used to be an (expensive) extra., Then Daewoo included

across the range of their vehicles. So nowadays it's unusual to see a car which doesn't have it.  The same with SatNav, it seems

to be a standard fitment on all new cars now.

Why can't Lexus copy a good quality and easy to use infotainment system? As far as I know even brand new Lexuses do not have apple CarPlay or Android Mirror option, shocking!

• 2 weeks later...

My wifes car was fixed (it only took 3 weeks at dealer) so at last I got my Lexus back, I missed it so much! I gave it today a proper wash taking my time with it and the cabin was so dusty!

Skoda is not bad but Lexus is on totally another level! I am so happy!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links