Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking Space For Sale!

maria

Just seen this!

Parking space is yours for 100,000 pounds

LONDON (Reuters) - A car parking space is for sale in central London for 100,000 pounds, fuelling a favourite obsession of Britons -- talking about property prices.

The space in an underground car park near luxury store Harrods in Knightsbridge is thought to be one of the most expensive in Britain.

"There is a shortage of parking spaces in the area," said Andy Summer for Harrods Estates who are handling the sale.

Prices of parking spaces and individual garages have risen steadily in recent years as motorists seek ways to avoid parking costs of up to four pounds an hour and tickets from zealous traffic wardens.

One parking bay in the same Knightsbridge underground car park is understood to have sold last July for 95,000 pounds while another was bought by a mother for her three year-old son for when he can drive.

"Spaces are an investment and, for the sort of people who live in the area, 100,000 pounds is not that much," said Summer.

A recent boom in property prices has pushed the average price of a home in Britain to just over 140,000 pounds. Knightsbridge is one of the most expensive parts of London, where properties routinely sell for millions of pounds.

That was on the news a couple of days ago. I think you can rent it for £5,000 pa!

sounds reasonable...

NOT!!!

I might have to get a 2004 LTD Chopper, my old man keeps raving on about them :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links