Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Car older SUV Reliability

I think this comparison is flawed because it's comparing vehicles from different categories/classes. You really can't compare a RAV4 with the RX - the RX is a category above in terms of pretty much everything. Same for the Honda and the Audi.

Try the RX with an MB ML, BMW X5, Audi Q5, Volvo XC70 or 60, etc. Probably yield different results.

2 hours ago, BachelorDays said:

I think this comparison is flawed because it's comparing vehicles from different categories/classes. You really can't compare a RAV4 with the RX - the RX is a category above in terms of pretty much everything. Same for the Honda and the Audi.

Try the RX with an MB ML, BMW X5, Audi Q5, Volvo XC70 or 60, etc. Probably yield different results.

I think the point is overall  reliability rather than comparing different classes of vehicle. Certainly my experience of newer German cars hasn't been great which is why ' i'm turning Japanese' 🙂

• Like 1

I reckon my 2006 Harrier should do pretty well. Very few toys to break, smaller engine that's practically bulletproof, no air suspension. I'm still paying off the credit card debt from owning a BMW E39 with a big V8 in it. Sticking with Toyota forever now!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 1:12 PM, rich1068 said:

Surprised to see an Audi in the top 5.

Totally not surprised to see how badly Land/Range Rover do.

Not surprised at all here. The car that our Lexus replaced was an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro '06, who has done over 200k, without any major issues, and is still running fine ^^

My experience, from quite a few Audis over the years is that they're very dependable. My only complaint is the price of maintenance and repairs related to wear and tear.

Lexus was the oldest in the list, most complicated (only hybrid) and parts more expensive due to the brand / size of car. Don't think you can fault that really.