Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water ingress

ISD

I purchased a 15 plate CT last year for the Mrs and for the life of me could not figure out why the rear seats were damp most of the time and windows constantly steaming. Initially I was under the impression my son spilled water on the back seat. The other day my son mentioned seeing water spill on to the floor when my wife braked sharply. Me being slow off the mark decided to examine the boot are and low and behold found a few mm of water in the base of the boot and even on the rim of the spare wheel! The seals seem fine, has anyone else had this issue and if so how was it resolved? My car is going in for the full+ service on Wednesday so I plan for the Hatfield branch to give it the once over.

Sorry one more thing, the serving is costing £475, is this a normal price, seems a little steep, with the MOT be £530 all in.

• Like 1

The 60k service is £475. If you haven’t hit that mileage then it should be cheaper as there is less to do.  

Not sure about the leak. Could put the seat down and get in the car while someone sprays the outside with a hose? Hopefully warranty will cover it. 

• Like 1

is there any colour in the water ???

if there is it may be the rear washer pipe has started to leak .

if not look by the rear lights and the vents in the boot.

• Like 1

As said check the water for soapy feeling. Could be the tailgate seal or even the tailgate striker needing adjustment as it may not be closing tight enough.
It won’t be the rear light units as they are bolted on the outside of the body.
Update us with the result [emoji1360]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk