Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Fellow CT owners

Kas63

I thought it was about time I joined this club, I have had my CT for 5 months.  I visited my Lexus showroom in November with the view of gaining as much information as I could about the CT it was really a fact finding mission, I didn’t know anything about hybrids and never driven an automatic before. I just knew that I wanted to change my car in the new year. I wanted a 4 door and a car that didn’t break my back and would fit in our garage as parking is a nightmare where I live. My car at the time was a fiesta ST a great car but boy was the suspension hard, and it was a nightmare trying to keep to the 20 mile speed limit constantly up and down the gears. 

It was a quiet afternoon at the dealership, so I got a salesman to take me for a drive as a passenger in one of their demo cars I wanted to see what it sounded like and how It performed. 

When we returned I started looking at the the pre owned cars with the view that I would know the differences between the car models and the  packs which were available should I order one in the new year. 

Then I saw it, a CT200h F sport Premiere in Azure Blue, it looked amazing. The salesman asked if I wanted to sit in it at first I said no but could feel myself being drawn to the car so in the end agreed. I could see the differences compared to the demo car it had a sunroof, bigger screen etc It only had 2900 miles on the clock, it was a staff members car who left.  

I went home and couldn’t get the car out of my mind, even though I hadn’t driven it. I love gadgets and this car had it all dipping wing mirrors when parallel parking (which I love)  Two days later I phoned for a test drive in this car as I wanted to check the suspension of the F sport,  didn’t want to make the same mistake as the ST after reading reviews on here about a hard suspension. 

Ten minutes into the test drive I wanted this car, the suspension was like driving  a bouncy castle, I made sure I drove around the same streets for a fair comparison. After the test drive the deal was done. 

For city driving the CT is great and so comfortable, which is probably 90% of my driving but it’s no slouch on a motor way, It’s slower picking up speed than my ST but a much more enjoyable journey. 

5 months in on an impulse buy, I am still loving this car. 

Here is a picture of when I first saw my car. 

55F2EA2D-3ECD-4D1F-9285-DAAB1D0D5D6F.thumb.jpeg.8364c4700988ca3c8b4ce75b11bed639.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase. Car looks great..

You will see that club members are divided with regards to how the CT drives: some love the combination of go kart handling, firm suspension and comfortable seats, others hate it and find it far too harsh. However, I'd say all like the quality, reliability, economy and ease of drive... and it loves city driving most of all. Take a look at the various surveys in the press: the CT has consistently been within the 3 most reliable cars sold in the UK.

Any question you have re your car, this is the place to ask it. I have been a member for some years and I have found that this is probably the most friendly and helpful forum I have ever belonged to.

Thanks for the welcome, for years I had an MG TF and that was definitely like driving a go Kart. Loved being part of the MG forum where the owners there were very knowledgable and welcoming. I am sure the more I drive my car I will start thinking of questions to ask, as this was an impulse buy I didn’t know much about hybrid cars and how they worked, but by just reading old and new posts I have learnt a lot already. 

Welcome and love the colour. Had my CT for for nearly 2 years. I enjoy the drive even though I changed it from a MK7 Golf GTI. 

Lexus dealer service is excellent which I’m sure you have already found out.

Good luck with the car 👍🏾

Welcome and what a beauty [emoji1360]
The best colour too!
I came from a Suzuki Swift Sport as that suspension was hard but it certainly drove well.
I love mine and yes the suspension is firm but not uncomfortable. Just love the Lexus luxury.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a member of the LS430 club for 5 years, but have now to write off my 16-year-old 430 which has failed its MoT and would cost too much to repair.  I like the look of a CT 200h on sale in Bristol (Imperial Cars - Anyone know them?) which has most of the features I'm looking for, mainly I guess at my age (77) good fuel consumption.  Can someone please give me an estimate of the total annual costs of running this car (I do no more than 9000 miles a year with the occasional long journey on the continent.)

Hi, anthonyb which CT is it you were looking at? 

The road tax will be £0 if registered before April 2017. Expect comprehensive insurance between 350-400 with one of the major insurance companies. Servicing costs can be reduced at a dealer by taking out a service plan. You can also get cheaper services at dealers if car is over 5 years old. For budget purposes would estimate an average of 280 per year based on 3 services over 3 year. You can get cheaper by not using a dealer but consideration should be taken into account as you also get free hybrid Battery health check which is required for hybrid Battery warranty. 

Fuel costs for that mileage I would say based on current prices between 22-25 per week. That is based on an average of 50mpg which you should achieve. A lot depends on if you have a daily pattern like back and forth to work etc and what type of traffic you encounter. The hybrids like slow and stopped traffic for a while (when in eV mode) where conventional petrol and diesels are the opposite. You can with careful driving exceed 60mpg. Economy in the winter does drop though as the car relies more on warming up through conventional fuel as opposed to Battery. One thing for certain you will be at the fuel station a lot less than with your Ls430. Attached are a couple of shots from computer which show what being stuck in traffic is like. The bars represent electric use over a period of time. as you can see duration of the journey and average speed was terrible but your not to bothered as fuel use is minimal, this was heavy slow traffic... The other shot is good day showing average mpg achieved over a 15 mile journey. These 2 are both related to heavy traffic but shows the best side of hybrid technology. 

Getting back to you looking for a CT. You may be able to get one approved used from a lexus dealer for money close to a non dealer,  with a peace of mind warranty and dealer service history knowing its also had its annual hybrid Battery checks. 

Reliability is up near the top of the list so should not be much to worry about. 

Hope the above is of help. 

IMG_20181105_083524.jpg

IMG_20170612_074742273_HDR.jpg

Don't know about imperial cars in Bristol but my experience of imperial cars in bursledon Hampshire was attrocious. Not sure if it's the same company but after sales is pathetic. The CT is a great car but would recommend getting from a Lexus dealer.

Thanks for both these helpful replies, and the useful screen shots.  In fact I had thought to go to Lexus Swindon.  Top of their current pre-used list right now is a CT 200h 1.8 Advance, going at just under £12000.  Anyone have experience of this model?   Next on their list is a SE-L Premier at £1000 more.  I'd welcome guidance on whether the extra is worth going for.  I don't do a lot of running around the rural lanes where I live (south Wiltshire), but medium to long journeys are our usual annual recipe - Scotland, France, that sort of thing.  My 430 was a fantastic touring car, but that's now history.  I certainly prefer to buy from a dealer.  

I don’t know about the two models you mentioned. My initial visit to Lexus Bristol was to just find out about the different models as I was getting very confused whilst looking online. I got them to tell me what was missing between the models, sometimes it’s easy to assume that things we think are standard aren’t. Once they explained the differences it was easy to decide which model best suited me,  Good luck with your search. 

Karen 

9 hours ago, Anthony B said:

Thanks for both these helpful replies, and the useful screen shots.  In fact I had thought to go to Lexus Swindon.  Top of their current pre-used list right now is a CT 200h 1.8 Advance, going at just under £12000.  Anyone have experience of this model?   Next on their list is a SE-L Premier at £1000 more.  I'd welcome guidance on whether the extra is worth going for.  I don't do a lot of running around the rural lanes where I live (south Wiltshire), but medium to long journeys are our usual annual recipe - Scotland, France, that sort of thing.  My 430 was a fantastic touring car, but that's now history.  I certainly prefer to buy from a dealer.  

Hi.

if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

10 hours ago, Anthony B said:

They chopped and changed the features list over the years. For example I had a 2014 Advanced that included parking sensors front and rear as well as keyless entry. The first facelift was 2014 and there was a second facelift last year. The 2014 and later cars have revised suspension which makes for a slightly softer ride (but still firm compared to rivals). The 15 or 16" wheels also provide a softer ride than the 17" but I find it fine even in my current F Sport (which as different dampers from the rest).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links