Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

When I recently bought my 2006 gs450h jap import the 12v Battery was dead so they asked the garage who carried out the complimentary fresh MOT to replace it.

however it turns out the replacement Battery does not have a temp sensor.

I’d like to replace the Battery with the correct one but can’t find one anywhere. Lexus want £260 so I’m trying to find one for less, however I can’t find one at all even at that price!

i think I need a S65D26L, can anyone point me in the right direction, or tell me what they have in theirs?

Much thanks in advance for any leads...

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's coming up as a fault on diagnostics and my hybrid system is still in some sort of weird mode where none of the power flow animations are doing anything. I am getting drive from the electric motor though. 

Also my economy is really low and I'm hoping this might be resolved once I add the temp sensor - I started getting hybrid problems the second I drove away from the MOT place which threw away the sensor so it seems like the logical best thing to try. I still have not sourced the Battery / sensor...

1 hour ago, Moyesii said:

Well it's coming up as a fault on diagnostics and my hybrid system is still in some sort of weird mode where none of the power flow animations are doing anything. I am getting drive from the electric motor though. 

Also my economy is really low and I'm hoping this might be resolved once I add the temp sensor - I started getting hybrid problems the second I drove away from the MOT place which threw away the sensor so it seems like the logical best thing to try. I still have not sourced the battery / sensor...

This rely should not be your problem, but the garage that replaced the Battery.

However the sensor is nothing more than a thermistor "a resistor that changes resistance with temperature". A standard fixed resistor will do the job as a temporary replacement clearing the problem you have.

I will measure the resistance of the sensor in my car as soon as I can tomorrow, and you can fit a resistor across the sensor plug terminals of similar value until you can obtain the correct unit. This will not cause any problems. A suitable resistor can be bought from any electrical repair workshop for pennies or you could perhaps find one in an old defunct TV. I will supply the color code for the correct value when I have measured it. Let me know if this would be of help.

John .

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links