Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket concave design wheels

I have asked this question on Facebook as it seems that RCF owners in the USA go for aftermarket wheels with a vengeance. I'm looking for a set of wheels preferably with a matt bronze finish that have both front and back wheels with a concave design. I've found a set of Bola wheels that look concave on the rear but I'd like it on both. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I'd rather stick with stock sizes too.

I also want matt bronze wheels but anything remotely affordable as a second set are maybe heavier than the stock forged rims. 

@H3XME might be able to sort you out. 

22 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I also want matt bronze wheels but anything remotely affordable as a second set are maybe heavier than the stock forged rims. 

@H3XME might be able to sort you out. 

Thanks , I've seen the Vossen wheels which are forged and a bit pricey. I bought a set of Vossen's for my CL65 at a cost of over £7K and the new owner didn't want them so they are still stored in my garage and for sale at the moment for £4.5K so I'd better be careful as I may sell the car after I've bought them and land up with a collection of expensive wheels and no car to fit them on.

1 hour ago, H3XME said:

We are UK & EU distributors of RAYS wheels. You might be interested in ZE40 or TE37 models if you want something bronze.

Volk Racing ZE40

Volk Racing TE37Ultra

Volk Racing TE37Saga

image.thumb.png.3ca8b22f8665176f1c9259334c44a111.pngimage.thumb.png.a5a22805897c7e090134a2f71144a83a.png

Thanks, I'm looking for 10 spoke concave style.

2 hours ago, Twellsie said:

you are gonna struggle to get front wheels with good concavity in standard size, you either need to go wider or a lower offset

I think you're right there about the fronts having to be wider to achieve the concave look. I did send an e-mail to Bola as I like the look of the 10 spoke CSR wheel they do but didn't get a reply.

It would appear that most manufacturers make flatter fronts and concave rear which to me doesn't appeal. Would it be the case that concave wheels on the front which were designed for the rear would obstruct the callipers/discs if so would a small spacer do.

I'm in un-chartered waters here so don't know the answer.

4 minutes ago, Ashrez said:

These are the Rohana RC10 wheels. 10 Spoke concave wheels front and back, albeit to varying degrees.

26192771374_5474895776_o.jpg

26192771404_0be90291f9_o(1).jpg

26192771534_0f8bb82a51_o.jpg

26192773444_9bf17b2212_o.jpg

26797772045_b0a55c08bb_o.jpg

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Do you think any other modifications were required to fit them?

I'm not sure if there were any modifications done to make it fit. But these one in the pictures are 20x10 front and 20x11 rear. So they are quite wide. I've seen these wheels in person, they are specifically made to be as deep concave as they could. They look like quality made wheels too.

22 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Thanks, I'm looking for 10 spoke concave style.

You can have a look at this catalogue from RAYS Wheels. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o13rqdcafk9o0tw/2019 RAYS Winter Digital Catalog.pdf?dl=0

If you like something in there, you can check the sizes etc as well. Let me know if you're interested. We can order them in for you.

https://www.part-box.com/rays

2 hours ago, H3XME said:

You can have a look at this catalogue from RAYS Wheels. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o13rqdcafk9o0tw/2019 RAYS Winter Digital Catalog.pdf?dl=0

If you like something in there, you can check the sizes etc as well. Let me know if you're interested. We can order them in for you.

https://www.part-box.com/rays

Many thanks, I'm definitely going the 10 spoke concave route. I am really tempted to buy another set of Vossen's and go 20 inch as they can be finished in two forms of Bronze plus I must have concave fronts.

16 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Many thanks, I'm definitely going the 10 spoke concave route. I am really tempted to buy another set of Vossen's and go 20 inch as they can be finished in two forms of Bronze plus I must have concave fronts.

When you sell the F and the buyer doesn't wan them drop me a message - I'll put £500 to one side :wink1:

Looking forward to seeing them and a little envious as I love bronze wheels. Was tempted to paint mine but I am not sure if the wheel design would suit.

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

When you sell the F and the buyer doesn't wan them drop me a message - I'll put £500 to one side :wink1:

Looking forward to seeing them and a little envious as I love bronze wheels. Was tempted to paint mine but I am not sure if the wheel design would suit.

I'll bear that in mind, but I have to say at this point I'm normally looking to see what I fancy next and in all honesty my Mini Clubvan and the RCF don't seem to have bored me in any way. Although I did say this about my CL65 at the six month stage and that I'd probably keep it longer than 12 months in fact it lasted 14 months which was sort of a record.

• Like 1

I've managed to find some wheels that I like, they are Vossens 10 spoke concave as per the photo's. I've settled for 20 inch in satin bronze.

So next will be the exhaust then perhaps a supercharger then I'll sell it!

BMW_M4_VFS1_353d902c-1047x698.jpg

BMW_M4_VFS1_6498a352-1047x698.jpg

• Like 1

I think I prefer wider spokes myself - I like the wheel to have substance. But they will suit your car better than the BM I think.

The green seems to hide the Bronze. 

36 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I think I prefer wider spokes myself - I like the wheel to have substance. But they will suit your car better than the BM I think.

The green seems to hide the Bronze. 

Ah the wheels were only sent to me as an example of the concave profile they are not satin bronze, I've always liked that open look but only if you have decent sized discs behind them. I remember going to a car show and some American car had 22 inch wheels and the discs behind were the size of saucers, I pointed it out and laughed and just about everyone else thought it hilarious too. They are forged so will be strong enough despite not looking it.

• Like 1

The Vossens look really nice and going forged is a good idea. Thinner spokes look really good on F cars as it shows off the large brakes. Have you figured out the lowering spring situation @B1RMA?

1 minute ago, Ashrez said:

The Vossens look really nice and going forged is a good idea. Thinner spokes look really good on F cars as it shows off the large brakes. Have you figured out the lowering spring situation @B1RMA?

Thanks, I agree the size of the discs is an important consideration. I've seen quite a few cars on the USA forums with Vossen's fitted and liked them.

I haven't figured out the lowering side yet although the cars need it for sure. I sent off a message to a girl in the USA ( Jen/Integress) who has an AVS equipped car and had it lowered but she has failed to answer my question yet.