Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unable to open rear door

Hi my wifes CT200 developed a problem cannot open the drivers side rear door (the other doors are fine) It started off that I could open the door from the inside but I mistakenly altered the child lock to activate and I cannot get in or out using this door. can anyone help please. It is booked in for its first service next week but wondered if quick fix thanks 

from the inside can you find the child lock and using a bar (drill bit)

push it between the door seal and door and flick the switch the other way

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:18 PM, 200h said:

from the inside can you find the child lock and using a bar (drill bit)

push it between the door seal and door and flick the switch the other way

BLIMEY, IT`S A NEW CAR MARK, THE WARRANTY MUST COVER IT ((LOL)

• 3 weeks later...

Replying to an old thread but I had this problem when opening rear door from outside.

There was a setting in the System menu on HUD  where unlocking car will keep rear doors locked. I had to make sure it was disabled so when i press the remote to unlock the car, it would unlock  the front AND BACK doors.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, lincolnshier westie said:

Hi my wifes CT200 developed a problem cannot open the drivers side rear door (the other doors are fine) It started off that I could open the door from the inside but I mistakenly altered the child lock to activate and I cannot get in or out using this door. can anyone help please. It is booked in for its first service next week but wondered if quick fix thanks 

Did it get fixed?

• 3 years later...

I just dealt with this and figured I would help the internet with how to make the tool.    If the child lock is locked and the outer door handle has failed or is installed incorrectly,  you can open the door with a tool.    You need to push down on the metal latch mechanism,  it's almost directly behind the rear most point of the outer door handle.  You need to press down.  You can access it with the window rolled all the way down, and a lot of patience.  It's helpful if you take the other side apart so you can see what you're trying to accomplish.  I'll attach a photo of the tool I made for the job.  You'll need a stiff wire,  a coat hanger is not strong enough.  

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1409.JPG

IMG_1410.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links