Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400H vsc/chs/vfs

Hello, Over the last couple of weeks my wife's RX400h 2008 has been showing faults (vsc,check hybrid system, vfs) this could have been going on for longer but she has only brought this to my attention now.

Having no real clue about cars I thought it would be best to reach out to those who do. Have any of you an idea what's going on and the best course of action to take?

No Piers, I'm afraid that went a few yrs back. No problems up until now so she is now panicking about it. Having read a few nightmare stories on Lexus dealers. I would rather fix the problem than get rid of it. Touch wood it something and nothing.   

Do check the fuel filler cap. If removing and then reinstalling it - fully tightened - fixes it then this is a known solution. Just clean the cap and the filler rim without dropping any dirt inside the filler and see if that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It may well be the 12V Battery getting low and/or end of life. I know it sounds strange but they do throw up all sorts of gremlins when they begin to go.

Have a look at the chart below and measure the 'standing' voltage, ie, car just parked up with nothing on or working, then get the car to the READY state and measure again - you should see somewhere between 13.5 and 14.2V.

EDIT: Doh! I forgot to include the chart :wallbash:

bvolts.png.7cbc5221161c72aef094bfe8ff24967c.png

• Thanks 1

OK, I have just checked Oil, water etc' etc' all good, done B/days tip ( which wasn't clicked as it should be) took the car for a quick spin and vsc,vfs lights went out. Check hybrid system was still on so also did a tip I seen today about holding the trip meter and restating the car then pressing it 5 times. Not sure what it was this or the fuel cap but check hybrid system went off. Fingers crossed it should be ok now. I did notice the sensor behind the back d/side has broken so need that  replacing. Thanks for the tips 10/10 will pop back here if anything else goes wrong. 

• Like 5