Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Subwoofer install in 6 speaker setup

Hi there,

I am the proud owner of my first Lexus, only a month old to me. I have a Toyota Supra as a weekend car, however i am enjoying the drive of my is300h after upgrading from an old Astra 1.7DTi as the daily. I have looked over the forum and tried searching for the answer, however it doesnt seem to fit my problem. I like the entertainment system, however it lacks any real depth. At first i thought the car came with a sub on the parcel shelf, however on further inspection, it just has a cover in place where the speaker would be for the prem nav spec. My question is, is there any wiring loom which i can come off from so that i can install an external sub box and amp. I have read that some people have used a rear door speaker output and fed this into a high input on the amp. Just wondering whether the cabling would be tucked away somewhere that i can use? Any help would be appreciated.

From experience of trying to add other items to my 300h I would say that there will not be a loom there so you can just plug and play.

The premium nav set up came with an amp as well that was hidden in the rights hand side rear wing, of there was any wiring that’s where it would be.

Picking up a feed from the read doors does sound like a workable solution and there will be plenty of live feeds in the boot, the only thing you may have to run to the stereo is a remote switching lead so as the amp knows when the stereo is on

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. I will take a look in the boot area on the rhs to see if there is an amp or wire loom I could use. It's surprising that for such a premium vehicle a sub wasn't included. I'm also baffled as to why no reverse camera is fitted when you have everything else....

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Someone else will clarify this but I was under the impression that the camera was part of the premium nav package.

If you are looking for the wiring for the amp you will need to remove the trim on the rhs of the boot, it's not difficult, just a little time consuming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have the pin outs for the back of the car stereo? I have purchased a cable which bridges between the car loom and the stereo so that I can install a rear view camera. If I can work out what the rest of the pin outs are I could install my sub at the same time.... [emoji6]

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
Best bet mate to get access to diagrams is to use Lexus Techdocs (have to pay for sessions) but its useful to screen grab the stuff you need as I believe you cannot 'save'. https://www.lexus-tech.eu/
Hi mate, I took your advice and spent a couple of euros on the lexus tech docs, one question I have tho, is how do you tie in the connection plugs with the diagrams? I am after the acc pin out and rear speaker pin outs.

Id be interested in a few pictures of your progress if it's possible as I intend to do the same some day. Sub camera power folding mirrors and upgrade existing speakers.