Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

BMW 840d vs LC 500h

DanD

17 hours ago, Jules640 said:

I thought it was a very fair review.

The terrible Infotainment system was a major factor in my decision to sell my LC.

The infotainment in all Lexus models is woeful. One has to assume that Lexus are fully aware of this through monitoring forums, and via feedback from customers, dealers and press reviews. I just can't understand why they continue to release new models with a barely improved system. Why oh why don't they do something about it!?

• 5 months later...

Old company, slow to change. Also, Japanese culture/companies have a bad habit of not being willing to admit mistakes and instead will prefer to carry on with something bad and continue on slightly improving it rather than shaming someone at the top (i.e a chief designer) who invented the crap. I have friends and family who work for Japanese companies and this is exactly how they all are I'm afraid, such a shame! For example, the female chief designer of the UX/CT is also the person responsible for the track pad (remote touch), she is very high up at Lexus and I imagine no wants to tell her how utterly rubbish her invention has been (you get where in going with this), or they are all in complete and utter denial about the problem.

With all that said, it still utterly baffles me as Lexus I'm sure has lost thousands of potential sales due to poor infotainment, surely someone high up at Lexus sees this as serious problem for the company going forward. I'm mean, I love my IS, but when I see how advanced the new systems are from BMW, Mercedes and Tesla, unless things change it's highly unlikely I'll be buying another Lexus because of this crap, and don't get me started on the lack on engine/EV propulsion systems. If things don't dramatically improve with the next generation, Lexus sales could seriously start dropping off a cliff. 

• Like 1

I can understand engine choice being a factor in choosing or rejecting a car but infotainment system? For me that really does not make sense. 

But the world would be a boring place if we were all the same. Even if the sheer number of German soot boxes out there does indeed show that many people do like being the same!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rich1068 said:

I can understand engine choice being a factor in choosing or rejecting a car but infotainment system? For me that really does not make sense. 

But the world would be a boring place if we were all the same. Even if the sheer number of German soot boxes out there does indeed show that many people do like being the same!

Tell me about it... gone are the days when one gets into a car to actually drive it and enjoy it for what it is.. now a small thing such as screen size can be a deal breaker if one wants to buy a car or not.. but hey its their money their choice right...

Oh how cars have changed in as little as 10 years. Then you had a speedo and a revcounter next to each other. A boxy airco and some fancy buttons if you were lucky some form of satnav. It seems the whole interior design got next level some 2 years ago with mercedes and VAG as driving force just look at the big screens in the new c or E class. Now every new Kia is equipped with everything, every small French hatchback has apple carplay and the screens seem to get bigger and bigger. The new Honda EV city runabout has a screen as wide as the car itself! It is al about achieving the WOW factor in the showroom, impress potential customers and close the sale the moment the ignition is switched on. Most cars are not bought by car enthusiasts remember, most people dont care about chassisperformance, integral stiffness, brake performance etc. They enter the showroom, get in a car the salesman starts up the infotainment and WOW. With that in mind it is baffling Lexus uses systems that look 2 or 3 generations old and literally seem designed to irritate the user. 

Another thing is that we are not allowed to use our phonesit but those touchscreens are common place nowadays, not good for safety!

Another thing is that even when i have over 20 ways i can adjust the carsettings with submenus etc i NEVER use them!  ( once when new and then forget it)        

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links