Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

was driving in traffic and followed the rear of this car   Couldn't make out what it was at first, a strange old fashioned looking boot which had a Ls500 badge .......  never seen one before and thought just how retro it looked ...  I never did get to see any more of the car 

My impression was of what maybe a pre Ls400 working design might have been ..... looked so quite old fashioned and a bit retro  ......  just what I might like tbh

Malc

Funny you say that, as I was walking home after the school run a brand new 19 plate dark coloured LS with LEX as the last three letters and it did look lovely.

Reading the US forum, their LS430 owners who have tested the LS500 are mostly not impressed. It is considerably smaller inside and almost all of them were unimpressed with the engine. Other comments were about over-complicated infotainment system and comparatively harsh ride. I've sat in one at the Lexus stand at Goodwood FOS and have to say it did feel more cramped. Apparently Lexus were aiming for the young-rich segment with the new LS500 and seem to have missed the mark entirely.

The 400 was a damned fine car, the 430 was an improvement in some areas, the 460/600 was more of a chauffeurs car, but the 500 seems to have hopped the tracks and headed off somewhere else entirely. So, it seems there won't be many used LS500s around in 15 years time.

4 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

The 400 was a damned fine car,

excuse me ......  mine still is and at 220k miles young.............  and acts like a 2 yearold in energy and speed and presence too I feel :yahoo:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Malc said:

excuse me ......  mine still is and at 220k miles young.............  and acts like a 2 yearold in energy and speed and presence too I feel :yahoo:

Yeah, yeah, yeah,... I meant when new, and you know it <LOL> :thumbup:

• Like 1