Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nurburgring 2019

A couple of months away until Lichelle returns to Germany....

#ringprep underway

🙂

So far - 

RR Racing USRS

10 litres Mobil 1

Mahle oil filter

brembo discs front and rear

brembo rear pads

Ferodo DS2500 front pads

HPS post MAF intake pipe

Tom's drop in filter

Dot 5.1 brake fluid

Just got to decide whether to run the HPS Intake pipe with Tom's drop in filter or run the Takeda intake currently on the car.  🙂

I wish I had a cheaper passion sometimes 😉

IMG_20190410_181346.jpg

IMG_20190410_181358.jpg

IMG_20190410_181247.jpg

• Like 5

đŸ‘đŸ» You’ll notice the difference with the usrs on the car. Made a massive difference on mine! Let us know how you get on with the ds2500 pads. Had them on a previous car and rated them highly.

matt

• Like 2

@Mattmech Thanks.  I hope so.  Possibly a silly question but did you have to get your alignment checked once fitted.  Mine is setup quite nicely at the moment so unsure whether I have to visit an alignment centre again once fitted.

• Like 1

@Northern isf Got them from ECP.  I know there is debate over whether they are as good as the ones from Lexus but I have only had a set of discs crack on me once...  And they were the ones from Lexus.

Never had an issue with ones from ECP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@Mattmech Thanks.  I hope so.  Possibly a silly question but did you have to get your alignment checked once fitted.  Mine is setup quite nicely at the moment so unsure whether I have to visit an alignment centre again once fitted.

Yes had it checked after fitment. No adjustment was needed on mine 😁

without a doubt the best mod I’ve done on the car. Kicking myself for leaving them in the box for months!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Arqum said:

I so wanna fit mine but need to find a trusting local that can

SRD tuning Arqum, fair prices, checked the alignment, in and out within an hour.

drop them an email for a quote, they’ve done plenty of them. đŸ‘đŸ»

matt

• Like 1

HPS intake pipe and Tom's drop in filter installed this afternoon.  Added a sticker for #scenepoints 😉

ECU reset.

Taken her around the block and miss the noise of the Takeda already 😞

IMG_20190412_171358.jpg

IMG_20190412_170110.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Shameless bump of my own post but...

RR-Racing USRS installed.  1st impressions were pretty good.  Turn in much improved but...  1st motorway run today and on M25 running over the concrete joins it is not feeling that special.  Even though I have an early 2008 model ISF with supposedly harder suspension than later models it is a tad unforgiving.  Almost reminds me of my DC2 Integra Type R days.  

Also fitted...  Ferodo DS2500 pads.  Initial thoughts were disappointing.  I then ran the recommended "bedding in" procedure which actually resulted in someone approaching me to tell me my brakes were on fire.  Lots of smoke from pads.  Apparently all normal 🙂

Bedding in procedure completed and once they have some temperature in them, they genuinely feel great.

The green hell will be tackled on the 15th-16th of June so all being well the USRS will do what they say on the tin and the pads will perform how I've been LED to believe they should 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northern isf said:

I'm debating whether or not to get the usrs as I've read a few reviews that say it makes for a more harsh ride, do you think you'll stick with them?

I think the track time will decide that buddy.

The difference in handling is night and day in my opinion.  Turn in is instant at any speed and it has made a massive difference.

However, even the slightest bump is magnified in a car that already has a pretty firm ride.

She is my daily driver so will give it a while before I make a final decision.  I still have the old ones which for a 10 year old car that has done 85k are in very good nick which is further testament to Lexus build quality 🙂

• Like 1

Interested to know who you insured through, I would love to go but the daily insurance bump just seems insane. But maybe I got a silly quote and have been put off by bad information. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 3:28 PM, FTBBCVoodoo said:

@tomRCFcarbon Insuremytrackday for UK and organised track days at the Ring.

For public days at Ring...  Well that is a can of worms.  Basically, you bend it you mend it 🙂

Yeah, but my understanding is that if you bend the track they make you mend that too...and a section of Armco is €400 and there’s three on top of one another so if you hit one you hit three. And then if you spill oil as a result of any crash and that causes a further crash then the costs of that repair is on you too. And if they have to close the ring to sort it out...they charge you for the lost revenue. 

At which point - I’m out. 

After a 3am start from a somewhat wet and windy Dorset we found driving Mecca in Germany.

Couple of laps completed to make sure Lichelle is up together for the weekends onslaught 🙂

So the RR Racing USRS are staying as they have been immense.  Also the Ferodo DS2500 pads are incredible. 🙂

racetracker_6496312_98219.jpg

racetracker_6493307_98220.jpg

IMG-20190614-WA0002.jpg

• Like 8

When are you going to the ring? We run an ISF at Lexus Parts Direct and we are planning on heading out in August. It would be awesome to do some laps together!

We have also just uploaded the ISF service kit selector on our site. Any intermediate, major or full kit comes with 5 litres of oil free of charge. Just select the kit you require to see what is included.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-is-f/lexus-is-f-2007-2014/engine-service-kits/lexus-is-f-service-kit/