Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys with the 600 or 460 how do the rear fog lights work on our cars in Europe? 

I would like like to modify my US import to function in the same way or at the very least I can wire up a button to have the same effect on the back when there is actual fog. 

Is it both the reverse lights that go on or which lights is it on our cars, ? Pictures would help. 

Thanks ! 

On my UK model the front & rear fog lights are switched on with the rotary switch on the headlight switch stalk.
It switches on the front fog lights first, and then if you turn it further it switches on the rear fog lights.

Reverse lights both come on when you select reverse gear.

I would imagine it's not a huge difference between the 460 and 430.

Looks the same to me. Position 1 is the front fogs, then when you move it to position 2 the rear fogs also come on, but the switch moves back to position 1 when you let go.
If you turn off the headlights it switches off both front and rear foglights, but if you just switch off the ignition (with the headlights in the Auto position) then when you switch the ignition on again, the front fogs will come on, but not the rear.

There are no provisions for rear fog lights on any vehicle made by Toyota for sale in North America.  The rear light units are different than those for the U.K. and Europe and do not contain a position for a rear fog light.  I don't know if there is any wiring for a rear fog light on a U.S. market LS460 but it is obvious that there is no switch position for it on the stalk on the steering wheel..

A practical way to have a rear fog light on a North American specification vehicle made by Toyota is to install an ECE approved aftermarket fog light and a separate switch for it on the dashboard.

We have two U.S. specification vehicles modified for long term use in Europe.  The small LED rear fog lights installed on them were purchased on eBay Germany from seller "lightsforbikes", have a Netherlands approval mark and were installed in compliance with ECE regulation 38.  They are of very high quality but required the fabrication of a bracket and the installation of wiring and a switch  Here is a link to the eBay listing:  https://www.ebay.de/itm/Klare-LED-NSL-Nebelschlussleuchte-Dodge-Ram-Durango-Challenger-Chevrolet-Camaro/362407157100?hash=item5461265d6c:g:eYoAAMXQhuVRQeTB&frcectupt=true

Rear fog lights on Sienna and Prius.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links