Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Had a nice surprise tonight  :thumbup:  - checked oil before going on a long run to find that it is relatively clear. The last oil change I made was in August last year and have done just over 5000 miles since. Car is now on 33k miles and is a 2006 model. Very happy with that.

My last 250 at this stage would have blackish oil by now after 6 months but it had over 100k miles on it.

Going to still carry on with the engine flushes and oil changes on a 6 monthly basis though.

That's good news, it's the value of a decent service regime I suppose. It does help that you seem to be mechanically skilled and confident and not 'challenged' like some of us 🙂

• 1 month later...

Hi Newbie, is there a particular engine flush you would recommend?

I am due for my 6 month oil change now, so picked up some 50% offer at ECP.

Would like to try an engine flush as I never done so before.

I use Wynns engine flush and have done for years. I guess you need to use it continually at every oil change to notice a real difference. You can get this in quite a few outlets. I usually get it either from Halfords or ECP for around £6 

I will use it before i do the oil change. Make sure first that your oil pan drain bolt will come off and also your oil filter will come off (loosen them a bit to make sure and retighten before adding this to your engine as you dont want to drive around with it in your engine if the plug and filter cap wont come off.

Simply pour the contents into the oil and run the car for 20 minutes at 2k revs. Once done, drain the oil as normal and do your oil change. Like i said, you will need to do it at every change to notice a difference. Image of what i use is below ... It smells a bit like paraffin when the cans opened ..

flush.thumb.jpg.4b40ac577a1f607e7b1480db4c582e06.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, is200 Newbie said:

I use Wynns engine flush and have done for years.

This is what I use as well. I was impressed with before and after - if I don't flush the engine, the oil gets dirty after ~1000 miles, whereas after flushing is still relatively clean (for 186k engine) even when it comes to changing at ~6k miles.

I use Comma Engine flush - you can buy a box of 6 on eBay for £15.84 on a current listing. Seems to work well.

I don't think there's much to choose between any of the readily available brands of engine flush.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links